Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 PM

10 posts, read 47,226 times

Advertisements

I'm curious what Lindenwold is like. Bad/Good? Especially the schools and crime rate?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
It's not the best area, but I wouldn't call it bad (although others here might). The high school is relatively new but I don't know if the school system is that great. Still, there seem to be some pretty good values as far as houses go, and it's probably less than a half hour drive to Philly (and on the PATCO line). There are certainly better places to live, but if you're budget is tight I would definitely consider Lindenwold.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
I lived there years ago, sent my oldest to school there. It has declined seriously over the years. Crime has gone up, the apartments that used to be fairly upscale are now run down and drug-infested. I would no longer recommend it.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 PM

Looking at your other posts (cynnabun), I think there are several apartment complexes in Lindenwold that would probably be in your price range (~$1000), although I forget the names of them off the top of my head and I don't know if they're exactly high quality.

Another option could be the Lakeview Apartments in Blackwood (Welcome to Lakeview Apartments A Kamson Community, Located in Blackwood NJ, Apartments for Rent in the Blackwood area), which are literally on the entrance ramp to 42 North towards Philadelphia (although I guess being that close to the highway could be a good and bad thing). Or maybe even Millbridge Apartments (http://sdkapartments.com/apartments/nj/millbridge/mill_main.html) in Clementon (basically Blackwood). Again, they're probably not the greatest places, but they're in your price range, and (I think) would put you in Gloucester Township schools, which IMO are probably better than Lindenwold. I've never actually been inside these apartments, but I live in the area and drive by them all the time. The area around them is fine, although I couldn't tell you exactly what it's like to live inside these complexes.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM

119 posts, read 472,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post

Another option could be the Lakeview Apartments in Blackwood (Welcome to Lakeview Apartments A Kamson Community, Located in Blackwood NJ, Apartments for Rent in the Blackwood area), which are literally on the entrance ramp to 42 North towards Philadelphia (although I guess being that close to the highway could be a good and bad thing).
Lakeview seems like a great choice in that area.. I'm considering a move to that complex myself. It's affordable and seems nice enough. I like the location being right next to 42 North too..

Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 AM

250 posts, read 905,459 times
Lindenwold was the place to be in the 1970s.

Voorhees Echelon is a nice area, still near PATCO, and with many apartments to choose from.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Agree, stick to Voorhees near the Mall. Stay away from any apartments on Burnt Mill Road, they are not good. Around the Mall which is transitioning to Voorhees town center, you are golden. If apartments are cheap, there is a problem.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 05-06-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Agree, stick to Voorhees near the Mall. Stay away from any apartments on Burnt Mill Road, they are not good. Around the Mall which is transitioning to Voorhees town center, you are golden. If apartments are cheap, there is a problem.
Yeah, Voorhees is good, if you can afford it. And yes, there may a "problem" with cheap apartments, but you can't live somewhere you can't afford (anymore at least).

Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 PM

10 posts, read 47,226 times
Thanks everyone. I currently live in Cinnaminson which is way out of my price range. I would like to buy for maybe around 150K, if possible, somewhere that isn't totally awful. I'm trying to look near Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Mt laurel, etc. It looks like in those areas, all I'm going to be able to afford is a condo. I saw a nice house in Lindenwold for like 135K which is why I asked. It really is a nice looking house, esp for the price, but I don't want my daughter in a bad school area.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
You can buy an older 2 bedroom condo in Kings Grant in Marlton for $150ish. Kings Grant is near Medford Lakes and you can find some really good deals because it is slighly off the beaten path. In Mount Laurel, that 150 will get you a worse neighborhood. KG is the best area/schools/price combination you are going to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia