Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 44,002 times

Advertisements

I have my driver's road test in Cherry Hill next week. Do you have any tips for me? How was your experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM

691 posts, read 3,059,709 times
Make sure you drive 25mph, use ur signals, stop completely at stop signs, etc.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Yeah, come to a *full* stop at the line before you continue through an intersection with stop sign. Do what you're told to do. It sounds simple. My son was told to pull over onto the shoulder of the road; he didn't pull over to the spot indicated. He said that there were some shrub or tree branches sticking out that would have scratched my car, so he decided to pull over further along. That didn't work.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times
And make sure you look over your shoulder (to the right) to backup not the mirrors alone..And do the K turn correct! And give the tester a Grant ($$$) in his hand before the test starts (helps if your a dummy). Just kidding about the $$$$!

Last edited by carlo2009; 03-04-2010 at 07:34 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times
I remember my road test at 17 (a very long time ago...like two years before I went to Nam).. was on a December 31st..two feet of snow on ground in past few days.
Had to go around a circle look like I was a luge racer..can't see left or right due to snow piled so high. My small Austin America was hitting the snow banks with the rear of my car..after test was over I figure I failed and told tester that..he told me anyone who could do what you just did should be a driving instructor!

Now not to confuse you..I did go for my CDL class A license and had to do a walk around my truck..since I was a welder/mechanic for the ILA union I knew all about this test. when I did this walk around with the tester..he said god you know more then me about this..forget rest of test go back pal..you pass easy.

Now when the time comes to get your motorcycle license..thats a piece of cake..just make a figure 8 with one hand..easy!I learned how to ride a motorcycle at a Pink Floyd concert..parking lot was full and my buddies put me smack in the middle of it to ride out..you learn the clutch fast that way (hit some cars but they were so stoned they never notice it until a week later I bet)..

Just prove you know what your doing..its not hard and don't be nervous..its part of your life you'll never forget and be proud of it.

Last edited by carlo2009; 03-04-2010 at 08:23 PM..

Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
just take your time and think before every move you make. Try to calm down and don't be nervous.(I know thats not easy) and remember this day. It will be a highlight in your life that you will remember for many years. Its been almost 35 years since I took my test and I remember it well

Old 08-04-2010, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 82,786 times
had anyone taken the road test at the cherry hill,nj location,,how it like,,what they make you do ,,
I'm going to be taking it aug 13,,so would like to know more how it feel about that day and what they make you do,,,two people told me that they just tell you to drive around the area and come back,,do the K turn, park... can some one tell me

Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
I took my test there, but it was a long time ago. You pull into the inspection station and then take the first turn off for the access road to the test. When you first pull out of the station you make a right and another immediate right to go into the parking test. You parallel park and then perform a K-turn. Assuming you get past that you make a left out of that parking lot onto Hampton Rd. You then make a right onto Cuthbert and follow that down to Chapel. You then make a right on Chapel and follow that back down to Hampton and at the end you make a left into the employee parking lot at the DMV. Assuming you pass you can then go to the actual DMV with the form and get your license.

That area has changed a bit with all the lights at the Courier Post and what not, but just pay attention and do what you know. I think Hampton Rd. is a 35mph zone and they expect you to go 35. The others are 25 and you need to do 25.

Things may have changed over the years, but that's what my test was.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 AM

3 posts, read 82,786 times
thanks,,during this week I'm going to do those street just to get the feeling of it and double check what they make you do....Once again thank you information..

Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM

691 posts, read 3,059,709 times
My road test was much shorter than NJGOAT's. I took it in 2001 and all I had to do was parallel park, pull out of the space, turn right out of the parking lot onto Hampton Rd. Drive for a mile or less. Turn left into an abandoned parking lot. Do a K-turn to turn around in the parking lot. Turn right back onto Hampton Road and then a left back into the inspection station. Was very easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia