Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 AM

9 posts, read 24,385 times

Advertisements

Hi, My daughter has an 8 week P.T. internship( current student at UMDNJ) at Underwood Hosp in Woodbury. ( June and July) Too far of a commute from North Jersey. I am seeking information about safe, temporary housing.
I used to live in North Jersey, currently in FL and I don't recall much about that South Jersey area at all. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM

23,811 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltorres61 View Post
Hi, My daughter has an 8 week P.T. internship( current student at UMDNJ) at Underwood Hosp in Woodbury. ( June and July) Too far of a commute from North Jersey. I am seeking information about safe, temporary housing.
I used to live in North Jersey, currently in FL and I don't recall much about that South Jersey area at all. Thanks for any help you can give me.
You posted on this before, in mid April. Did she contact Underwood to see if they have arrangements with someplace? I mean call the department that she would be working in & explain that she can't commute & ask them if there is someplace that they could recommend or someplace that they have arrangements with. If she waits until the last minute, it will not look good & she might have a real problem finding someplace. She can't wait to see if someone posts that they know something. It might not happen before she has to be there.

Someone else suggested that she call Rowan University in Glassboro. Did she do that?

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-03-2010 at 10:31 AM..

Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
If her school has an established relationship with a facility, the fieldwork office should help her find something. Surely other students have done internships there? I am an OT graduate, and if the fieldwork coordinator had to place someone in an area they couldn't commute from, they helped them find housing.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,577 times
Check out Red Bank Run apartments/townhouses. They are right down the street. They are the closest apartments that I would consider. There are apartment buldings near the hospital that are not a place you'd want your daughter to live. I don;t remember their names, and I doubt you'll find them online. I'd also look at Stoneybrook apartments. They are right on the Woodbury-Deptford border on Cooper Street. These are farther (5 min. drive instead of 2), but nicer than Red Bank Run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia