Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,918,262 times

Advertisements

sorry if this has been posted before. but im just looking for a few cities and so far i haven't found what im looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
Depends on what part of Philly, what bridge you need to access. Collingswood is good for commuting on PATCO or to the Ben Franklin, into Center City. Pennsauken, Maple Shade and Palmrya are good for the NE (Tacony Palmyra bridge) and if you are going into south city, then you want Barrington, Bellmawr, or maybe Audubon, to get easier access to the Whitman bridge. Some people would steer you away from Gloucester City in addition to Camden, but I honestly couldn't tell you that much about it, other than it is a predominately Irish American blue collar inner core suburb.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,884,648 times
I make it to the stadiums in South Philly at rush hour from Cinnaminson by car in less then 1/2 hour. Off peak times 15 minutes..

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM

584 posts, read 1,425,614 times
Yes, Collingswood is a breeze into the city. Haddon Township or Haddonfield is also a quick drive (I take 676 - to Ben Franklin and 676 always seems to be empty. HT also has access to a few of the different Patco stations (Collingswood, Westmont or Haddonfield Station). Haddonfield would probably add 5 or so minutes to the commute compared to Collingswood, as would Haddon Heights. Cherry Hill wouldn't be terrible either, 70 can sometimes back up near the shopping centers with the lights, but I've actually never found it to be too terrible. I don't know about the public transportation situation in Cherry Hill. I'm guessing you'd have to drive and park.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,702,592 times
Easy is relative depending on time of day and where you are going in the city. If where you need to go is accessible by PATCO then any community from Collingswood to Haddonfield to Cherry Hill to Voorhees and even Berlin can be considered an easy commute.

Getting to the NE is definitely easier from Bulrington County cities like Cinnaminson, Mt. Laurel, Moorestown, Delran.

South Philly is easiest from the White Horse Pike communities including Collingswood, Oaklyn, Audubon, Barrington and Haddon Heights.

I think the immediate Philly Burbs in Camden and Burlington Counties are probably one of the easiest suburb to city commutes you are going to find.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:48 AM

691 posts, read 3,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
sorry if this has been posted before. but im just looking for a few cities and so far i haven't found what im looking for.
What exactly are you looking for daboy?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,698,410 times
I think that I remember that you would be commuting to the area of City Line Ave. I did that commute from Cherry Hill. It's an easy commute from any of those towns but you must learn as many alternates as possible. An accident can tie up traffic at any point between home & work.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 7,434 times
Talking Suburbs

Most people arenot very familiar with the South Jersey suburbs. I live in Cherry Hill and My son lives in Collingswood and my daughter lives in Lindenwold. We have it covered and for my money Lindenwold gives you the best bang for your buck. The taxes are one third less than Cherry Hill and Collingswood. Although collingswood and Cherry Hill are only about 25 minutes to Philly by Patco, for 10 minutes further you can have a home for 100 grand less. And with less traffic and more room to breath she's not very happy to have to sell her home. If youwant to see what I mean, email me and I'll send you some pictures from her website. The best way to get a good feeling about these areas is to travel them. Good luck

Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM

681 posts, read 1,512,982 times
Sorry but a young person would HATE Lindenwold. The school is notoriously bad and too far out for someone who wants to explore the city. It is full of transient apartments and has the most crime in S. Jersey outside of Camden. Avoid it like the plague.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 PM

212 posts, read 610,817 times
Do you want to take public transit or drive and to where do you want to go in Philadelphia? Also, are you looking to buy or rent and what's your budget? There are lots of options but you're not going to get a real answer with such a vague question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia