Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
Im from Cumberland County,Cumberland County has a lot of Puerto Ricans and blacks living here you will be fine. Theirs really no racism here as far as i see.

If you Check out Vineland east Vineland is your best bet it has less crime and its the nicer part of town The houses is expensive tho.

Goodluck
Thing about East Vineland is, people from there tend to be a little bit snobbish sometimes (same for parts of Cherry Hill too) and might be a little racist, not the typical red neck racist, more the talk about them behind their back/blame all their faults on their ethnicity racist. Anyway, you should be able to find something affordable with plenty of land in North, South, or East Vineland. Just don't look in Center City Vineland because it's kinda dangerous and you will NOT be able to find properties with a decent amount of land. Not sure if West Vineland really exists on that note... I've lived here all my life and never heard anyone use it. Also, something to keep in mind, there's two East Vinelands. The one that is part of the city of Vineland in Cumberland County, and the one that is part of Buena Vista Township in Atlantic County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
I think you need to be looking mainly in Gloucester/Cumberland/Salem counties. If you want land and have a budget, those are the best areas. The other reason to avoid Camden/Burlington is that even if you can get the house/land you are looking for at your price, you will pay a lot more in taxes than in the more rural areas.

Since you are home schooling you have a lot of options that others don't as what you are looking for is way easier to find if you aren't concerned about school systems.

As for rascism, well it exists everywhere. It may not be overt, but it does exist. I think the best thing would be to look for a community that has an ethnically diverse population and those areas certainly exist even in rural settings.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 PM

4 posts, read 7,433 times
Hi Too bad you wont move sooner. My daughter has just the right house for you . She also has one son. She's lived there almost 12 years. She works but has to move. . Here's the ad she's running. If you want to see it let me know.

This cozy 3 bedroom rancher is beautifully situated on a spacious corner lot fully fenced for maximum privacy. A protected open front porch and attached garage with attic storage and indoor entry, allows for easy living. The many charms of this home are accentuated by an upgraded oversized eat in kitchen overlooking the large rear yard. Add a large outdoor utility shed, air conditioning, a TV,computer,office bonus area, a hidden kitchen pantry, carpeting, garbage disposlal, nearby public transportation and shopping, 5 minutes from Patco, 20 minutes from Philly downtown and you have a house which is a lovely home with low taxes priced to sell fast at $139700 Take a look.. 856 779 8914 Rosemary. Anytime[/font]

Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieV View Post
and I currently live in Burlington, i know costs are low, but this area is far from inexpensive I fear that prices may go up... a lot... in the next two years
Browns Mills was the 1st house we bought & it was a good starter town with LOW taxes. I've lived in Country Lakes & Presidential Lakes.. liked Country Lakes better.

You have options when you live there, you can shop in Manahawkin, Lakewood area, Burlington. I loved my local Acme, knew everyone; pharmacy service was tops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia