Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 13,383 times

Advertisements

We're contemplating a move to Ringwood, as well as sending our 5-year-old son to Ringwood Christian. I'd appreciate any opinions on the town and on the school. We know very little about both. The house we are looking at is near the skyline lake(sp?) section of Ringwood. Oh, and one more VERY important question--how's the pizza and sushi places in town ?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,735,948 times
I moved to Ringwood last year and absolutely LOVE IT!! I'm not going to go on and on about because i'm sure everyone on this board is sick to death of me singing the towns praises but if you go to my profile and look up all posts by me you will find a lot about Ringwood and how beautiful it is here.

A quick summary--There is A LOT to do in town IF you are the outdoorsy type, swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, ice skating, skiing etc. If your looking for places to party and be in the center of the action there is next to nothing to do. It's a wonderful place to raise your children, in fact i've met a lot of people in town that grew up in Ringwood reached young adult age moved out (can't wait to get out of this boring town!!) then promptly moved back as soon as they had children to raise. You mentioned Skylands lake, it's nice but if you can I'd try to look into somewhere that has lake rights at either Cupsaw or Erskine as the lakes are bigger and nicer and there are more activities. But at the end of the day ANY lake rights are nice to have.

It's the kind of town where you can leave your doors unlocked and let your kids play outside with no worries (okay minimal worries about the kids after all a kidnapping can happen anywhere) I haven't met anyone that sends their children to Ringwood Christian but the school looks nice and well kept. PM me if you need more info, happy to share

Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM

Thank you!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:46 PM

88 posts, read 227,741 times
I grew up in Ringwood. This was in the 70s and 80s but my parents are still there. I can't tell you a THING about R'g Christian, though, as I went to the public schools and my mom subbed for many years in the public schools, as well. I went to HS with a few from RCS and they seemed like normal folks, though, who were good in the academics. Does that help?

What's sushi? Ha ha, yeah, no, not so much with that. There is a new (new to me) place for it in town but I can't get my parents to try it out since they have a sushi phobia or something. I checked out the reviews and it looks like it's a good place. Probably not Japan good, but I suspect it would keep you going if you needed a fix. I can't imagine there is a second sushi place in town so that would be your only fix. (I think it's in the Fieldstone Shopping Plaza which you will recognize as the ONLY shopping place in town.)

Pizza places are few and far between; I think there are 3 that I can think of. All are fine as I can recall but it won't be the most amazing food you have ever had. But I grew up on the stuff and still find NJ pizza superior to Chicago pizza, and I have lived in Chicago for 12+ years now and would be shot for saying so.

I agree with icibiu--I couldn't WAIT to get the heck out of Ringwood and while I am not desperate to get back, I can think of a lot worse places I could have grown up! I grew up in Erskine Lakes and agree that I'd rather live there than Skyline just because of the lake factor. Plus you'd be closer to Ringwood Christian if that is the route you go. (Though if you do public school I assure you that they are all fine schools.)

Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 AM

Thank you Cindy! This is all very helpful feedback. I also stopped at the Ringwood playground last week and talked to some women there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey