U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,541,356 times

Advertisements

http://www.centraljersey.com/article...0900800726.txt

I honestly thought this part of history was behind us , but i guess NJT wants to save money and be more corrupt. Because i think there are some bribes and gifts involved with this. NJT seems to be turning into SEPTA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 AM

12,758 posts, read 9,051,443 times
I really hope not. What is the point of doing away with a relatively non-polluting train and replacing it with smelly busses?

Somehow Princeton and West Windsor are in cahoots. Just look at what WW's mayor wants to do with the train station in PJ. Transit Village?!?!?

Transit villages were designed to 'reinvigorate' under-used train stations. PJ is hardly under-used. I cannot believe the mayor was re-elected for another term. He's going to ruin Princeton Junction (where I live!).

Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,700,826 times
You know, I REALLY hate this, not because I like riding the train over the bus, but because it's a WASTE OF MY TAX MONEY. They do NOT need to spend the money rip up these rails and put in a less efficient bus system that is unlikely to be used as much as the current one. As I said before, I'll say again "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! There are more important transit matters here in NJ (See mass transit devoid South Jersey)

Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,614 times
I'm sure some of you already are, but please please join our 'Save the Princeton Dinky' facebook group or email me on [email]princetondinky@gmail.com[/email]. It may not add up to much, but I still believe there is strength in numbers, and getting some good opinions and ideas together how to fight this upcoming decision! Thank you.

[url=//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109785459051849&ref=mf]Save the Princeton Dinky | Facebook[/url]

Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 PM

12,380 posts, read 25,541,356 times
After NJT November Meeting , it turns out the Dinky conversion to Bus Rapid Transit have been scraped. NJT now looking into converting it into a Light Rail line and Streetcar into Downtown Princeton.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 AM

12,758 posts, read 9,051,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
After NJT November Meeting , it turns out the Dinky conversion to Bus Rapid Transit have been scraped. NJT now looking into converting it into a Light Rail line and Streetcar into Downtown Princeton.
That's good to hear!
Thanks for the info.

Now if only it could be extended into townhouse and condo land (WW and Plainsboro) so those people wouldn't have to drive to the train station...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: