Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,485 times

Advertisements

I need your expert help! I am moving in with my fiance at the end of this month and will be commuting to NYC. I plan to use the Jersey Ave. train station.

I have the opportunity to "rent" someone else's quarterly parking permit. Does the lot offer assigned parking, or is it first-come, first-serve? If it is fcfs, are there spots easily accessible around 7:15 am?

I also researched some of the private lots nearby and have the opportunity to "rent" a spot at 590 Jersey Ave. Does anyone else on this forum rent there? How safe is it? Are you happy with your spot and the conditions of the lot?

Finally, what is the train station like around 7:30, 8:00 pm at night? Is it safe? Is it well lit? Are there are a lot of people returning at that time?

Thank you for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,186,892 times
for the quarterly parking permit there are no assigned spots but 2 huge parking lots. one is right by the tracks and the other is on the other side of Jersey Ave (4-5 min walk). the one by the tracks gets full between 7-7:30 and the other has empty spots all day.

there should be no security issues at 7 or even as late as 10. no matter what train you take there will be tens of people getting off at Jersey Ave.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,104 times
I am looking to see if anyone has a quarterly permit they are looking to sell??
Please contact me right away so we can make arrangements.

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey