U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 PM

50 posts, read 190,819 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a house between central and northern NJ. My budget is between $350k and $400k. Any nice towns you guys cna suggest? How is Harrison? West Orange? Please help......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 PM

6 posts, read 21,241 times
Default Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnjbuyer View Post
I am looking to buy a house between central and northern NJ. My budget is between $350k and $400k. Any nice towns you guys cna suggest? How is Harrison? West Orange? Please help......
I recently purchased a waterfront townhouse in Harrison NJ. The town is under a redevelopment plan. You can go to Harrison Metrocentre to see what is going on in Harrison. There is a lot of talk about Harrison becoming another Hoboken.
Before purchasing I would suggest renting to see how you like the area.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 PM

19 posts, read 131,940 times
We are selling our house in Roselle Park with an asking price of $339,000. We are having an open house this Sunday (24th). Go to jillguzmanrealty.com and look under 'buyers' in their 'open house' list.
We are moving to be with family not because we don't like living in Roselle Park. The town is safe, quiet and close to public transportation and highways. Check it out :-)

Old 07-29-2007, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,413 times
Default It all depends ...

Are you looking for good schools? Convenience to NYC?

There is a huge range.
Consider also the property taxes. Paramus and East Rutherford in Bergen county both have cheap property taxes. I didn't grow up in either one of those, so I don't know about the quality of the schools. I grew up in another town (Carlstadt) in Bergen county that had very small public schools that I loved (the entire town is under 6,000 people.)

Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM

9 posts, read 28,568 times
Default Looking to buy Home

Quote:
Most important is commuting. That's a day-to-day affair. Also, you need safer place to live. You may like to consider Bergen and Hudson county of northern New Jersey. I know Real Estate professionals who can help you in searching Home in your price range and desirable location. Let me know.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:33 PM

5,440 posts, read 16,059,002 times
this post is 1+ years old!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 04:20 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,837,297 times
Did we celebrate is birthday?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 AM

9 posts, read 28,568 times
Default Looking to buy house

Quote:
When you are thinking to buy you must consider Family size, Work place distance, how much you are willing to commute, school system available, how many cars in the family, parking space requirement etc;

Different county/towns have their own parking regulations.

However, you can serch town profile online and decide what town will be suitable to you or you need to drive specific location before making any decession.

Let me know, I will be happy to assist you in your real estate needs.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:45 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,320,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant View Post
When you are thinking to buy you must consider Family size, Work place distance, how much you are willing to commute, school system available, how many cars in the family, parking space requirement etc;

Different county/towns have their own parking regulations.

However, you can serch town profile online and decide what town will be suitable to you or you need to drive specific location before making any decession.

Let me know, I will be happy to assist you in your real estate needs.
Since this was posted over a year ago, I sure hope they found what they were looking for by now!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>