Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 PM

168 posts, read 492,344 times

Advertisements

Would have included those three select ones, as I said could not include them all, don't have that much time (also did not include "Free *name*" either). Look one of my really good friends in going to be a senior at OBHS, and I feel bad for OBHS students since during the trial it will be a WAR beetween both sides (especially since the victims son(s?) attend OBHS. I'm sorry in advance for the terrible spacing this post may have, it's nearly impossible to type on my cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 04:23 PM

13,366 posts, read 28,600,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Your point?

The fact that someone simply disapproves of their associate's unconscionable behavior is a lame response at best.

Fact is we have way too many citizens who behave, glorify and are impressed by savage, barbaric, ignorant, uneducated behavior.

They need to be sent far, far away from those that are decent, civilized and contributors to society.

There's no middle ground with me when it comes to that.
I agree at 16 & 17 years old they fully knew what they were doing. When you read the entire account of how even when Mr Shinha was on the ground they continued to kick him in the head, they deserve NO MERCY and NO SYMPATHY from the courts or the public.....let's see how tough they are in East Jersey Prison, Trenton Prison or Rahway Prison. Even though they are young the horrific nature of the crime should keep them out of Bordentown.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:32 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,802,607 times
does anyone know what sparked the attack?

Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 PM

71 posts, read 343,129 times
From the news reports, it seems that the attackers didn't need any kind of reason or provocation. They were drunk (and possibly high), and they chose to attack the poor guy who was out on a walk with his family.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:08 PM

220 posts, read 698,644 times
best part is gov't officials will use these scum as an excuse to raise taxes to fund their stay at juvy halls with counseling to "better" them. right.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 AM

168 posts, read 492,344 times
My friend, who is their age and from OB said that she heard they talked to the officials and as of now they (the original three, the others may have been there but they didn't have anything to do with the beating) will be tried as adults and their sentence will be 20-life.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:16 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
I am shocked and apalled by this terrible crime where three teenagers beat an Indian man to death in front of his family outside of their home. This incident happened last Friday evening when the three thugs were cruising around and encountered the family while they were taking a walk. I hope these animals are charged as adults to the fullest extent of the law.

Here are the links to the articles:

Three teenagers arrested in beating of Old Bridge man | NJ.com

Old Bridge man who was attacked by teenagers dies from injuries | NJ.com

Fatal beating of Old Bridge man highlights harassment of South Asian community | NJ.com
Horrible.

My heart goes out to everyone.. The victim, his family as well as the kids families.

I know that some will want to throw Jersey Tomatoes at me for including the families of the kids that did this; but as a parent myself; I can raise my child to know right from wrong; but the peer pressure is horrible these days in schools; and while not an excuse; good kids can go bad. I do not know the history behind these kids; who knows, maybe they were trouble makers all along.

This is a horrible tragedy that never should have happened. My heart breaks for the wife & 2 sons to have had to watch their father getting kicked. I believe in an eye for an eye; and who knows, with them going to prison, it just might happen.

This is why I don't read the news.. what is this world coming to?

Thank you for the link. I didn't hear about this until I found the post.. trying to read all of the news stories would take too long. This site gives a good summery of what happened & what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Good grief do the schools not teach spelling anymore....what the hell is that???
Most of it is probably mobile facebook.
Kids these days can spell but don't want to because they like using the "shorthand" like they use doing texts.
You see it on message boards too some times.

Makes me very afraid when I think that this is who will run this country

Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

33 posts, read 77,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Most of it is probably mobile facebook.
Kids these days can spell but don't want to because they like using the "shorthand" like they use doing texts.
You see it on message boards too some times.

Makes me very afraid when I think that this is who will run this country

Don't worry, no one who talks like that will ever make it to a position of power. Not everyone in my generation is as illiterate as these trash.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM

5,617 posts, read 15,470,176 times
I would like to make an assumption, athletes were they really athletes? This is very odd behavior for athletes. Most athletes in HS that I knew from my past and kids that are athletes now in my gym in HS are really focused, driven and not thugs. Here is my guess, steriods. No doubt if they were athletes a good dose of steriods would promote this type of behavior, rage and violence. I have seen it and can say I bet a few were on some juice if they were athletes who were preceived to be on the right side of the tracks its drugs/roids.

opps just read the above post and said drunk and high, well there you go!!! Not roids then, but another drug induced bunch .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey