U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,933 times

Advertisements

ok hi everyone my boyfriend and i currently live in north plainfield and plan on moving into an apartment. Problem is we don't know where in new jersey is the best place for us. We are in our early 20's, and looking for a location with a good nightlife,safe,close to ny and the njtransit trains and buses, and don't have to travel far distances just to get to a store and if possible a beach within an hour away. I hope someone could help. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 PM

52 posts, read 187,507 times
How much are you willing to pay?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 AM

5,440 posts, read 16,031,533 times
morristown?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:51 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,413,812 times
Historic Downtown Section of Jersey City or Ironbound Section of Newark , Weehawken and Hoboken (Most Expensive location)

Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM

877 posts, read 2,679,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swana View Post
ok hi everyone my boyfriend and i currently live in north plainfield and plan on moving into an apartment. Problem is we don't know where in new jersey is the best place for us. We are in our early 20's, and looking for a location with a good nightlife,safe,close to ny and the njtransit trains and buses, and don't have to travel far distances just to get to a store and if possible a beach within an hour away. I hope someone could help. Thanks
How about New Brunswick? It's got the Rutgers nightlife and you can get the train from Albany St to Penn station in NY. And to get to the shore you take Rt 18 down to the Parkway.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesam View Post
How much are you willing to pay?
the most i could afford for rent would be around 2000

Old 07-09-2010, 07:52 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,413,812 times
If you want to pay less for commuting then move to the Ironbound section of Newark , Historic Downtown section of Jersey City or Hoboken. If you don't mind paying more for commuting to NYC and want to be closer to beach then you can look around or in New Brunswick. The Ironbound is located next to Newark Penn which has the North Jersey Coast line which goes to Point Pleasent and a few other beach towns.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 AM

20,264 posts, read 28,064,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swana View Post
What's wrong with where you are at except it's not close to the beach?
I used to hang out in NP; Berkeley Heights.. was convenient to lots of bars plus there's Bowcraft & Jimmy Buffs.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM

71 posts, read 117,610 times
I grew up in North Plainfield.
Anyway...Hobokan is close to NYC, has nightlife, and is next to mass transit.
$2,000 should get you a nice apartment. ( condo )

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,691,842 times
Also one secret NJT rail passes do work on NJT buses and light rail at no extra charge unless your trip exceeds the zones on the pass go for 8 zone and higher rail pass if commuting to NYC select NYP as destination for rail pass as it gives you the flexibility to use all NJT services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>