Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,949,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Your below 16 aren't ya , so you lied...
I am 22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,511 times
I know a month train pass can let you ride the bus (it has a zone number on it too), but can a monthly bus pass let you ride the train? I thought I say somewhere it would, but I cannot find the link now (I am not talking about when there are problems and tickets are crossed honored)

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,840,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
I know a month train pass can let you ride the bus (it has a zone number on it too), but can a monthly bus pass let you ride the train? I thought I say somewhere it would, but I cannot find the link now (I am not talking about when there are problems and tickets are crossed honored)
I don't think so , ikno it can work on the Light Rail. You could probably try it once.....or ask a conductor.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 AM

22 posts, read 61,953 times
is the Rail coming to Tenafly.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy111 View Post
is the Rail coming to Tenafly.
2015 , or never.. Depends on how NJT wants to do it , Phase 1 would go from North Bergen JCT to Englewood or Tenafly.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
2015 , or never.. Depends on how NJT wants to do it , Phase 1 would go from North Bergen JCT to Englewood or Tenafly.
who wants to go to North Bergen. What would the point of that be. I thought the rail was going to make it easier to get to New York not eat some good food in North Bergen.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
who wants to go to North Bergen. What would the point of that be. I thought the rail was going to make it easier to get to New York not eat some good food in North Bergen.
Its an extension of a system that connects the high employment areas of Urban Jersey and Lower Manhattan. There are also alot of developments that are waiting for this line to get built.....thus all the Abandoned Industrial areas would transformed like you see in Hoboken , Weehawken and JC. Its also Light Rail which does not go to NYC , half the area that surrounds the proposed line commutes to Urban Jersey and the highways cannot take it anymore.... neither can the bus system....

Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Its an extension of a system that connects the high employment areas of Urban Jersey and Lower Manhattan. There are also alot of developments that are waiting for this line to get built.....thus all the Abandoned Industrial areas would transformed like you see in Hoboken , Weehawken and JC.
so how would this work. If I were to go from Tenafly to North Bergen then where would I go. Also will Tenafly have parking for non residents

Old 07-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
so how would this work. If I were to go from Tenafly to North Bergen then where would I go. Also will Tenafly have parking for non residents
The Downtown would , the North station would. Englewood wouldn't have parking either , there would be a huge Park / Ride at Route 4. Once on the train you would ride it all the way down to Jersey City without switching , unless you had to go to Lower Manhattan then you switch at Hoboken or Exchange Place.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:17 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Quote:
The existing light rail currently ends in North Bergen. The project would extend it beyond North Bergen to Englewood/Tenafly. So from Tenafly you'd be able to take light rail down to Hoboken/Jersey City. You'd switch to PATH or whatever to get to NYC from there.

I'm not sure if you'd have to switch trains in North Bergen (because isn't NJT considering going diesel on the Northern Branch?) or if they'll electrify the whole thing so trains can run through.

It'll be great for people in Bergen Co who want to travel to Hudson Co, and maybe it'll be better for people who work in Lower Manhattan (replace bus + subway with light rail + PATH) but for most people who want to commute to Midtown NYC, the bus will still be the faster (one-seat) option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey