Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 26,568 times

Advertisements

Im a mid-20 something single social male moving to Basking Ridge for a job from Los Angeles. Don't know anything about the area.

I really don't want to be out i the boonies where there's not much to do which is the first things I've heard about BaskingRidge "Nice place, not much to do".

Anyone have insight on Good neighborhoods within a half hour commute of basking ridge, preferrably closer to NYC?

I want to avoid rough neighborhoods...this is the type of information I think I can get best from local knowledge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
J.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,801,405 times
Morristown. Quite happening- lots of restaurants, bars, nice town center. Parts of the town are not so nice, parts nice. You will be able to tell by visiting I think. 10 miles from Basking Ridge. If you lived near town you could be walking to all of these stores. Several owns around Morristown are right on the train line - Summit, Madison (New Jersey Transit - Home) that goes directly to Penn Station / Madison Square Garden.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 PM

8 posts, read 46,075 times
I would recommend Summit, Morristown, and SOmerville as good more urban alternatives to Basking Ridge. I live in BR and commute to Morristown 15 minutes. Summit is 20, Somerville 25.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,080,341 times
You should check out the following for beautiful areas but little things to do:

Basking Ridge, Benardsville, Far Hills, Mendham

For Things to do:

Sommerville, Shorts Hills, Morristown

Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 12,865 times
Hi my husband recently found work in Manhattan. We are trying to move with four children of which two are in elementary school. Please recommend where we should live ? NYC or NJ? Please advise reasonable rent and good schools and somewhere we can raise a large family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey