Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM

88,073 posts, read 83,928,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
This is the mall where there was that shooting about 7 years ago. Knew a guy in college who was in the store when it happened. Xmas shopping I think and some guy in Spencer's pulled a gun out and just started shooting.
I remember that. Willowbrook was also where a woman murdered back in the 1990's. They suspected her husband, but it looked like someone had jumped her and robbed her as she was getting into her car after shopping.

I think it went four years, then someone did a newspaper article on the story, and a woman who read it realized that she had dated the husband and he had told her that his wife had been murdered under those exact circumstances, but he told her this story before the wife was dead.

Bad things happen at malls. {{JARRING CHORD}}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 PM

877 posts, read 2,828,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz555 View Post
My favorite is the one that is closed....
Which one is that?

Didn't there used to be a Cinnaminson Mall? When did that one close and why?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,852,449 times
Short Hills is my best.

Newport is my least favorite--they charge for parking and is full of inner-city trash.

GSP is ok.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,457,304 times
Quote:
I don't know how familiar you are with South Jersey, but Echelon Mall in Voorhees over the last ten years...what a DUMP! It used to be real nice when I was little, but since they've built more shopping centers in that general area, like Marlton Sagemore Promenade for example, these new shopping centers have become more convenient since Echelon Mall is not off of any major highway, and is probably the only mall that isn't. Now they are trying to fix it up, cutting the size of the indoor mall in half and adding more outdoor facilities. They're now calling it "Voorhees Town Center."
Deptford Mall killed Echelon. It just took them years to figure it out. There are back roads that practically go to Echelon from Gloucester County. Before Deptford was built most of the customers for Echelon were from Gloucester County. They didn't do a study before building Deptford. If they had built a mall further south, it wouldn't have killed Echelon.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,457,304 times
Quote:
Which one is that?

Didn't there used to be a Cinnaminson Mall? When did that one close and why?
There was a small mall on 130 about at the border of Willingboro & Cinnaminson. It just fizzled. I think it fizzled before Burlington Center was built, but not sure. It wasn't worth going to.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,594,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There was a small mall on 130 about at the border of Willingboro & Cinnaminson. It just fizzled. I think it fizzled before Burlington Center was built, but not sure. It wasn't worth going to.
do you mean w'boro and delran? i didn't think w'boro and cinna bordered each other.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,594,261 times
i generally don't like malls and don't consider going to one a hobby but rather a necessity. the one i usually go to is Rockaway which is ok, it's been trying to upscale itself for years. if i had to pick a favorite i'd say bridgewater. short hills is good if you want to do some blue blood and nouveau riche people watching. paramus malls do nothing for me, haven't been to newport in over 15 years and don't miss it, woodbridge and menlo are ok, freehold raceway seems to be nothing like when i was last there, nearly 20 years ago. burlington is eh, cherry hill is ok, haven't been to moorestown in forever either, that in the day was fair. i'm sure i'm missing some.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM

13,371 posts, read 28,612,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i generally don't like malls and don't consider going to one a hobby but rather a necessity. the one i usually go to is Rockaway which is ok, it's been trying to upscale itself for years. if i had to pick a favorite i'd say bridgewater. short hills is good if you want to do some blue blood and nouveau riche people watching. paramus malls do nothing for me, haven't been to newport in over 15 years and don't miss it, woodbridge and menlo are ok, freehold raceway seems to be nothing like when i was last there, nearly 20 years ago. burlington is eh, cherry hill is ok, haven't been to moorestown in forever either, that in the day was fair. i'm sure i'm missing some.
That's a lot of geography to cover...Dam tahiti back in the day were you a mall rat with mall hair...j/k

Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,975 times
I like Brunswick Square Mall. It is a small mall, but they have everything that you need so you don't have to walk all around to get what you need and they have a movie theatre attached. Plus, its 5 min from my house. Next would either have to be Freehold or QuakerBridge for me.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 AM

9,340 posts, read 20,684,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
do you mean w'boro and delran? i didn't think w'boro and cinna bordered each other.
Correct, I am about 95% certain Delran is between Willingboro and Cinnaminson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey