Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:35 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
Hey let me correct you on Gov. Christie. He is a proud product of the NJ Public Schools. He is a very popular Livingston High School graduate.

The first Republican candidate for Governor who Won in the wealthy town of Livingston in over 20 years.

Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry & Barack Obama All Won Livingston by huge margins.

So Christie's win as a Republican was a pretty big accomplishment. He is without a doubt Livingston's favorite son.

My brother who is a Livingston resident said he witnessed so many wealthy Jewish & affluent Asian-American Livingston residents who always vote for democrats cross party lines just to vote for Christie.
It's ironic that the democratic stronghold of Livingston produced 2 of the most popular NJ republican governors, Kean and now Christie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM

72 posts, read 107,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It's ironic that the democratic stronghold of Livingston produced 2 of the most popular NJ republican governors, Kean and now Christie.
LOL! Yes, you're absolutely right. That's pretty amazing.

Especially when you consider a very good number of strong suburban republican towns across NJ, two of the most popular Republican Governors ( also both happen to be non-jews) came from the democratic stronghold of Livingston.

Great point!

P.S. I believe Livingston has NOT seen a Republican Mayor or town council member in over 30 years.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 AM

512 posts, read 1,754,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
Its Gov. Christie's children who attend Catholic schools. That's the criticism from some since any move that he makes will not affect his kids in anyway since they are in private school.

But you don't need to be a product of the public schools in order to make decisions that can help( or hurt) public schools.

Just like you don't need to have served in the military to start a war if you wish. You could even literally AVOID the war or resist the draft during Vietnam & still start a war if you wanted to.

Ask George W. Bush. He's a perfect example. Avoided the draft, never served in Vietnam, Yet, successfully Started TWO disastrous, Very Costly in terms of american lives and tax payers money , Deeply Unpopular Wars with no easy end in sight long after he's gone.

Christie will have his own legacy. He will either successfully Turn Around NJ & be a hero to millions of NJ voters. He would easily win a 2nd term. Or he would be a one term Governor who missed a tremendous opportunity to be a hero during these tough times.

3 years is a very long time in politics.

I note that B. Hussein Obama has yet to pull our troops out of this wasteful wars. He's a guy who never even served in the military, yet is qualified to run wars?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 AM

220 posts, read 623,499 times
I too disagree that just because someone hasn't had the personal experience in a certain area that it automatically means they absolutely could never make a corret decision on the matter, that they should never be allowed to speak on it or be discredited if they do. One can speak to to the state of our public education having never been a product of it (although we know Christie is a proud public school graduate.) He is also a huge supporter or school vouchers, which if passed in totality, would effect his children & every child of school age.
Mr. Obama very well maybe faced with a war decision of his own if Iran, Israel, North Korea etc. continue to talk they way they have been....it will be interesting (to say the least) how this sort of confrontation will be handled going forward.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM

72 posts, read 107,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
I note that B. Hussein Obama has yet to pull our troops out of this wasteful wars. He's a guy who never even served in the military, yet is qualified to run wars?
Was it so hard for you to type " Barack" as the name of YOUR President ? You decided to Type a longer 8 letter word " Hussein". I guess you had something else in mind or maybe you were making a point? Or just being cute.

Does it FEEL GOOD to be able to call YOUR President "Hussein". Does that tickle you ???

Pull our troops ???? Maybe you forgot or have some memory lapses, or maybe totally ignorant of the issue.

First, Who were and are the number 1 politicians that have been AGAINST any type of pullout or withdrawal from Iraq & Afghanistan???

The republican party. ( unless you forgot to take notes when you were listening to talk radio while driving)

Who campaigned in the 2008 AGAINST any pullout in Iraq & Afghanistan??

John McCain, the entire Republican Senate & House Leadership!
( did you forget that )

Secondly, who got us into this war? ( or should I say BIG BIG MESS)

Who? It certainly wasn't YOUR Barack.

People like you are beyond "normal" political discussions.

The same person who FAVORED the WAR, all gung ho about starting these two wars, and " Never pulling out until total victory is achieved,
is the same person who is insulting " Hussein" for Not pulling out our troops.

You NOW call it wasteful war???

You sound no different than a rapist calling forced sex -a waste of time.

PLEASE buddy ! Ignorance is not an excuse. Getting your information from a Radio dial while driving Cannot & will not replace going to college.

It is one thing to disagree, discuss, debate.

But for a character like you, ( who gets aroused when calling YOUR president Hussein ) , after jumping up and down in support of the war by Bush, now attacking our Prez for NOT withdrawing our troops & calling this a wasteful war is both stupidiy & hypocrisy.

Good luck! Right wing wackos & left wing wackos are no different from each other.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 PM

22 posts, read 29,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
wow!

this is the type of statement from a regular american citizen that shows all of us how a segment our society is way way out there . You don't even debate with this type of comment.

Hussein ? lol ! i thought the tea party rally in my town wasn't until next week.

metaljay- i'll make it brief since this will be a waste of time for everybody.

one- your idol, president Bush NEVER served in the military. In fact, even AVOIDED the draft for the Vietnam War ( in case you are getting excited, DICK CHENEY also Did Not serve in the military & ALSO avoided the draft)

Both men did not serve, basically were draft dodgers- yet, BOTH when got our entire nation into war.

YES, I AM VERY SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU. THE TWO MEN, YOUR IDOLS George & Dick, WHO STARTED THESE TWO WARS NEVER SERVED IN THE MILITARY YET THEY DECIDED TO GO GO GO ! (

two- Obama ( Hussein to you) was a young child, a little boy during the Vietnam War. His generation NEVER had a Draft, Never had a requirement to serve in the military. No Vietnam War, No Korean War, No World War 1, No World War 2.

And for the record, 12 US Presidents NEVER served in the military.
( Democrats & Republicans)

You did not complain about two draft dodgers who got us into what you call " costly wars", yet, you complain about Hussein not getting out of this war.

Make up your mind. Are you a liberal trapped in a conservative body?

wow holy ! lol

P.S. you SHOULD check into John Kerry & Al Gore since both men were children of Wealthy Americans. YET, both DID NOT avoid the draft & served in Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey