Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM

4 posts, read 34,395 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a home to settle into in NJ, I found a nice house in Colonia NJ although I havent been down these parts in the past 7 years, can anyone at all help me out with giving me a run down on the condition of the area, schools, as well as what I will be looking at when and if I move to colonia?? How safe is this town??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 11:34 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Colonia is one of the higher-end sections of Woodbridge Township. One section of it is actually called the "Estate Section" and will set you back a minimum of $1 million. Most of the town is very nice, the taxes are relatively low by NJ standards, and the school system is very good. I live in the Iselin section of Woodbridge Township, which borders Colonia.

Bob

Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM

52 posts, read 206,956 times
Colonia is a very nice town to move to - if you can afford it. Property values are high. Estate section is rediculous! I live in middle class section. Houses can run between $300,000 - $1 million in Colonia, but it's worth your money. houses in my neighborhood don't last more than a few months on the market. Schools are very good. Close to shopping and all major roadways from the parkway to the turnpike. People are friendly. Every October there is a "Colonia Pride" day complete with a parade down Inman Ave. Every April is a little league parade down Inman Ave as well! It's a middle - upper middle class area. One of the best in Woodbridge Township. But very little for the kids to do if they don't play sports. It's not a high crime area, but you still have to lock your doors! I was born and raised here. Moved out for about 1o years but came back when we bought our 1st house and decided to raise our family. If you look at the school report card, a good % of our HS kids go on to college. The star football player this year on the HS football team was recruited by every major school in the USA, including Notre Dame.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 11,726 times
I just saw a house on Predmore Ave which I liked and I was wondering how is the area . How is Lynn Crest school? Thanks for all of your responsess . I am very nervous if I buy this house with school and the neighboorhood.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM

132 posts, read 520,336 times
I was born in Colonia and recently moved back there. It is a very nice town with a good mix of houses and people. I feel safe there and jog every night around the School 21 area. You will not regret buying in this town if you do.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 38,982 times
Default Colonia NJ is a very good place to live!

I recently moved to colonia from Staten Island and like it alot. I paid $380,000 for my house and it would easily be worth $700,000 in staten island. The house is spectacular and the yard is like a country club to say the least! We did alot of research on the area and did many drive arounds. The schools are excellent and every store you can imagine is within one mile of my home including two malls. There are some ugly, run down looking businesses and houses in the area but you do see that in the finest neighborhoods as well. many homes range from well kept to absolutley gorgeous. It is also a short drive to great dining and night life in downtown westfield, cranford, new brunswick and summit which are loaded with outdoor cafes, bars, and restaurants. New brunswick also has a great theater district. The train station/corporate center called Metro park is within a mile and takes you to manhattan in about 45 minutes. The taxes are relatively low compared to the rest of NJ because of all of the businesses and corporations in the township.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Default Colonia, nj

Colonia, NJ is an upper-middle-class, and working class area. It is relatively free of crime, and many homeowners have lived there for many years, so it is well-established. Schools are excellent. Woodbridge Township, to where Colonia belongs, has a multitude of stores, and a huge mall, the best Shop Rite Superstore in all of NJ, a new A&P, and taxes are low. Is close to the train station, and has a nice Main Street with several nice restaurants. I would not mind living there.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,700 times
Default Still in Colonia?

Hey are you still in Colonia? I'm in Staten Island and looking into that area. Would you still recommend it? Does the area flood? And how are the schools in your opinion? Any info would be great, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmike41 View Post
I recently moved to colonia from Staten Island and like it alot. I paid $380,000 for my house and it would easily be worth $700,000 in staten island. The house is spectacular and the yard is like a country club to say the least! We did alot of research on the area and did many drive arounds. The schools are excellent and every store you can imagine is within one mile of my home including two malls. There are some ugly, run down looking businesses and houses in the area but you do see that in the finest neighborhoods as well. many homes range from well kept to absolutley gorgeous. It is also a short drive to great dining and night life in downtown westfield, cranford, new brunswick and summit which are loaded with outdoor cafes, bars, and restaurants. New brunswick also has a great theater district. The train station/corporate center called Metro park is within a mile and takes you to manhattan in about 45 minutes. The taxes are relatively low compared to the rest of NJ because of all of the businesses and corporations in the township.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey