Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Better learn the area because you seem to be unfamiliar with it. Croxton Yard operated by Norfolk Southern is less than a few hundred yards away from the Transit Village and is active 24/7. It has been there for probably sixty years. Croxton, Jersey City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do you think they paid millions to build the bridges over the tracks and Castle Road. the trains blocked County ave for a half hour at a time cutting off the entire area. Only when Seaview Drive was extended was the area given a additional outlet.
Thats not even near the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
Thats not even near the place.
You obviously either never lived in the town or are pushing some real estate. The freight yards are right behind the Secaucus Junction and the freight trains extend down to HCT. It is one thousand feet from the Transit Village condos.

Stop trying to sell this guy a bill of goods.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
You obviously either never lived in the town or are pushing some real estate. The freight yards are right behind the Secaucus Junction and the freight trains extend down to HCT. It is one thousand feet from the Transit Village condos.

Stop trying to sell this guy a bill of goods.
Dude i go to that area alot , stop trying to tell me its not like that. Your thinking of the high rise buildings. The Big Warehouses form a barrier between the yards and the Transit Village.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Erm , not really. Its a grid in Hudson County , with the except of the flatter areas. LOL , its very easy to learn.
The highways in Hudson County are a joke. It's impossible to get from point A to point B from 3 in Hudson county. Not to mention you can be traveling in the wrong lane of any random street and somehow end up on your way to the Holland Tunnel. It's very easy to get lost. Not to mention Secaucus is probably the most confusing of any of them.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The highways in Hudson County are a joke. It's impossible to get from point A to point B from 3 in Hudson county. Not to mention you can be traveling in the wrong lane of any random street and somehow end up on your way to the Holland Tunnel. It's very easy to get lost. Not to mention Secaucus is probably the most confusing of any of them.
Well most New Jerseyites can navigate just fine. I had no problems. NJ highways are well designed , they just need some upgrading.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Dude i go to that area alot
Guess living and working there for fifty plus isn't as good. the trains are noise. Complaints come in from the towers. Try looking at a map. you seem to be downplaying this area for some reason. You sound very much like a real estate person trying to make a sale.

A two hundred car train being put together a thousand feet from the structure doesn't make noise? Get real. I hear the trains going through and hooking up from the north end of town. Right next door and you won't hear them?

Not a problem? To these people it was..
Hudson Reporter - Trains raise health concerns ire Condo residents complain of idling horns

The warehouses, dilapidated as they are, block the NJ Transit lines which are relatively quiet and short duration. That has nothing to do with the fright lines which are on different tracks.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Well most New Jerseyites can navigate just fine. I had no problems. NJ highways are well designed , they just need some upgrading.
LOL. I've driven through many a state and I can say from experience Jersey's highways are among the most hectic and worse designed in America. Drive in another state with modern highways, California or anywhere outside the tri state and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 AM

The roads need major work done but the Highway Transportation Trust Fund is almost bankrupt so the chance of even repairs are getting slimmer.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,199 times
Quote:
I've never considered our highways as "well designed", in fact everytime I see something asinine like an exit RIGHT on top of an entrance I shrug and say "that's Jersey for ya!"

Any road that makes you drive for miles in the opposite direction just to get to the other side of the road is not well designed.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Any road that makes you drive for miles in the opposite direction just to get to the other side of the road is not well designed.
The infamous NJ Humor.

Most of the roads are a mix of new and extremely old. That makes a redesign when new projects come in difficult not to mention land is at a premium so buying it to make roadways more user friendly is expensive. When they were built forty or fifty years ago they were fine as traffic was many times less. Today, not so much. If I didn't live in the area all my life I'd be continuously getting lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey