Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 PM

28 posts, read 69,646 times

Advertisements

i have been to woodbridge mall, menlo, jersey gardens, and bridgewater commons or whatever it was called. my favorite would have to be menlo because its close. but bridgewater (the one time i have been there) was huge and very nice. jersey gardens doesnt have any good stores. and woodbridge, although some stores are good, is so small and not really nice at all. whats your favorite mall in nj, whats your least favorite? why? this question was just asked in curiosity lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:47 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketaustinluver View Post
i have been to woodbridge mall, menlo, jersey gardens, and bridgewater commons or whatever it was called. my favorite would have to be menlo because its close. but bridgewater (the one time i have been there) was huge and very nice. jersey gardens doesnt have any good stores. and woodbridge, although some stores are good, is so small and not really nice at all. whats your favorite mall in nj, whats your least favorite? why? this question was just asked in curiosity lol
Woodbridge Mall is very nice and is not small at all. In fact it is the second largest mall in the state, secondary only to Garden State Plaza in Paramus.

Anyway, I'd have to tie Woodbridge and Menlo Pk, which could almost be twin malls since they are within five miles of each other and each has so much, and whatever one doesn't have the other does have.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Freehold Raceway Mall and Garden State Plaza, though I like Freehold better for having a Sears and an Arby's.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:12 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
They're all the same.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
River Side Square in Hackensack, the place is always empty.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I always liked Woodbridge Center, only because it had all the stores I needed and was 2 miles from my house. Menlo was newer/nicer, and had alot of the same stores, so it worked as well. If I needed to go to the bookstore, Menlo was the choice because of Barnes & Noble, but if I needed to go to the game store, Woodbridge was the choice because of The Game Room.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM

107 posts, read 221,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketaustinluver View Post
Garden State Plaza is my favorite out of the ones I've been to. Least favorite is maybe Newport, partially because I'm just jaded about it. I've lived a 10 minute walk away from it for 15 years, but also because half of the stores I cared about are gone there, no more bookstore, even, although not that that bookstore was very good. It seems to be 50-60% shoe stores now, and some things, like the movie theater, are in desperate need of a makeover. I won't go see a movie there without checking what theater the film is playing in first, because a couple have tiny screens. I might as well just watch it at home instead.

The Hudson Mall should be a stronger contender for the worst, but I find myself attracted to it partially because it's so sad. The mall is not that bad, but hardly anyone goes there. It can be like walking through a ghost town sometimes. Some of the stores around it get more business, and I frequent them, too. There's a nice Toys R Us there, an Old Navy, a Marshall's, etc.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,199 times
My favorite mall is called the internet. I DETEST shopping in NJ, it's such a buy buy buy!! mentatlity that drives me nuts. Garden State Plaza on a saturday? UGH, why do people subject themselves to that?

It helps that I work for a large clothing manufacturer and we have sales at work where I get items around 80% off sometimes as much as 97% off. I would feel like such a sucker walking into a store and paying more than $15 for any clothing item.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
I'm with icibiu.....98% of my shopping is internet...hate hate hate malls...ugh

Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Garden State mall is full of tiny dog carrying jerk***S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey