Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times

Advertisements

I would suggest Ocean City though probably close to an hour further, a great boardwalk and much much cleaner and nicer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 12:04 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Be sure to give my regards to Snooki Polizzi, Jersey's answer to Sarah Palin.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:08 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFAN View Post
Seaside Heights is not an awful beach. I'll have you know I flew up from Tennessee this summer especially to return to my beloved Seaside Heights beach. If you are talking about Wildwood, you must be from another area..not North Jersey. Most of us from North Jersey would never even consider Wildwood. First of all, the ocean there is way too far from the boardwalk.
Back to Seaside, the beach itself has wonderful white sand, a wide beach and when you breathe in.. the smell of the ocean will stay with you for days afterwards. There's nothing like it. Granted, it's crowded in the summer. If I want a more peaceful setting, I'll go to Seaside Park or Island Beach Park. But, I'll always come back and walk the boardwalk at Seaside. There is so much tradition here, so much good food.
Yes, there are the young people who want to party.. it's always been like that. But, there are also families and solo travelers such as myself.
Seaside Heights will remain a favorite spot for generations of people... It's not an AWFUL beach... it's one of the sweetest spots on earth. I wouldn't call it Fiji, but neither would I put Wildwood above Seaside Heights. Shame on you jknic, you know not of what you speak.
Good, now I feel better.

To this post, I do understand, Wildwood will always have a special place in my heart and Yes I am used to the philly beaches LBI and South but also know the N Jersey beaches. But honestly the OP states it's there first time and I would be hardpressed to say that either Seaside or Wildwood would be the best choices as such for cleanliness or appeal. No disrespect but outside of youthful alure those places are not as nice as many other beaches. Why i suggested Ocean City, maybe the best of both worls, very good boardwalk, none huge beaches (as are in parts of Wildwood, especially N Wildwood) and clean and many amenities. Also since this will post season there is likely more going on.

On the Island Beach State park, this can also be a great experience but remember beyond bathroon facilities there is nothing else, so if it just purely beach a great choice, if you want the beach and to wlak to the boards and eat Mack and Mancos pizza I say Ocean City. And just for the record OC is not my beach of choice but mine has no boardwalk

Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
The same Snookie that's from NY? That one?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Quote:
Seaside Heights is not an awful beach. I'll have you know I flew up from Tennessee this summer especially to return to my beloved Seaside Heights beach. If you are talking about Wildwood, you must be from another area..not North Jersey. Most of us from North Jersey would never even consider Wildwood. First of all, the ocean there is way too far from the boardwalk.
Back to Seaside, the beach itself has wonderful white sand, a wide beach and when you breathe in.. the smell of the ocean will stay with you for days afterwards. There's nothing like it. Granted, it's crowded in the summer. If I want a more peaceful setting, I'll go to Seaside Park or Island Beach Park. But, I'll always come back and walk the boardwalk at Seaside. There is so much tradition here, so much good food.
Yes, there are the young people who want to party.. it's always been like that. But, there are also families and solo travelers such as myself.
Seaside Heights will remain a favorite spot for generations of people... It's not an AWFUL beach... it's one of the sweetest spots on earth. I wouldn't call it Fiji, but neither would I put Wildwood above Seaside Heights. Shame on you jknic, you know not of what you speak.
Good, now I feel better.
Maybe I was there on a bad day, but I stand by what I said. Also, the smell of the ocean was overpowered by the smell of the food from the vendors while I was there. Mind you, I can see this also being a benefit. The beach was relatively rocky and there were cigarette buts en mass by the boardwalk. So much so that I thought they were reeds that had washed up during a super high tide until closer inspection. I will however say that as soon as I got away from the boardwalk the cleanliness greatly improved. Maybe I'm a little picky, but the area around the boardwalk was greatly disappointing. That's why I suggested Island Beach State Park. or pretty much anywhere not next to the boardwalk. Seaside is pretty much the only beach I'd ever say anything about.

Also, I would absolutely put Wildwood above Seaside, but that's a matter of personal opinion (mind you, I"m also including all the Wildwoods, from Hereford Inlet to the canal). The only reason I'm saying to not go to Seaside is that it's their first time at the "shore" and I know people who have only been to Seaside and refuse to go down the "shore", because they believe all Jersey beaches to be the same (as in trashy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
That's NEW YORK'S, answer!!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM

455 posts, read 670,117 times
Default Visiting Seaside first time in Jersey Shore

[quote=jknic;15511360]Maybe I was there on a bad day, but I stand by what I said. Also, the smell of the ocean was overpowered by the smell of the food from the vendors while I was there. Mind you, I can see this also being a benefit. The beach was relatively rocky and there were cigarette buts en mass by the boardwalk. So much so that I thought they were reeds that had washed up during a super high tide until closer inspection. I will however say that as soon as I got away from the boardwalk the cleanliness greatly improved. Maybe I'm a little picky, but the area around the boardwalk was greatly disappointing. That's why I suggested Island Beach State Park. or pretty much anywhere not next to the boardwalk. Seaside is pretty much the only beach I'd ever say anything about.

Also, I would absolutely put Wildwood above Seaside, but that's a matter of personal opinion (mind you, I"m also including all the Wildwoods, from Hereford Inlet to the canal). The only reason I'm saying to not go to Seaside is that it's their first time at the "shore" and I know people who have only been to Seaside and refuse to go down the "shore", because they believe all Jersey beaches to be the same (as in trashy).

I don't know what day you visited Seaside Heights, but in the last 55 years I've been there, I've never seen any "rocks" on the beach. Maybe you mean sea shells???
And if the smell of sausage and peppers on the boardwalk bothers you and you feel the place too trashy, you and the people you say feel the same, shouldn't go. There are plenty of us who feel differently.
I have no problem with you stating your opinion, but you don't need to call Seaside awful or trashy.. Seaside Heights IS the Jersey Shore, along with LBI, etc... all offer something different.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Quote:

I don't know what day you visited Seaside Heights, but in the last 55 years I've been there, I've never seen any "rocks" on the beach. Maybe you mean sea shells???
And if the smell of sausage and peppers on the boardwalk bothers you and you feel the place too trashy, you and the people you say feel the same, shouldn't go. There are plenty of us who feel differently.
I have no problem with you stating your opinion, but you don't need to call Seaside awful or trashy.. Seaside Heights IS the Jersey Shore, along with LBI, etc... all offer something different.
I think I can tell the difference between netween sea shells and rocks. Honestly, my eyes were fascinated, but my feet were disappointed. As for sausage and peppers, I do believe I said that can be a good thing. Anyway, I didn't mean to sound harsh, but that was the feeling I got. Anyway, you stick with your favorite beaches and I'll stick with mine, and we'll both be happy. As for the OP, I say visit them all until you find the one that suites you best. Some of us like party beaches (Seaside) and some of us like peaceful (Sea Isle). There's many different options, so good luck finding the one you like best!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 PM

455 posts, read 670,117 times
That's better.. that's all you needed to say from the beginning! No harsh words like trashy and awful. Nothing at the Jersey Shore could be that bad... Peace

Old 08-17-2010, 06:40 PM

4 posts, read 8,381 times
Default Seaside Heights

I like Point Pleasant Beach (not far from parkway exit and 195 exit), 8 miles north of Seaside...much more family oriented, great boardwalk with good food, fun activities and clean beach. There is no problem parking after Labor Day. Have fun!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The same Snookie that's from NY? That one?
If it looks like a Snookie, staggers like a Snookie and lives her reality-show life like a Snookie, it surely must be her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey