Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 AM

4 posts, read 18,541 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if there are any express buses, either NJ Transit or private, that run from the Glen Rock and surrounding areas to Wall Street. I know NJ Transit pulls into Port Authority, but I am looking for something directly downtown and I'd prefer the bus over the train. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 PM

181 posts, read 1,119,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna12345 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are any express buses, either NJ Transit or private, that run from the Glen Rock and surrounding areas to Wall Street. I know NJ Transit pulls into Port Authority, but I am looking for something directly downtown and I'd prefer the bus over the train. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
There is no direct bus service to Wall St/downtown NY either by NJ Transit or Coach USA Shortline. You can either take the train to Hoboken and then the Ferry or Path train or Bus to NYC and Subway down

Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Thanks for your response. I was afraid of that. I cannot believe that with all the Wall Street people living in North Bergen that they have not added a bus line downtown.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Anyone out there who does take the bus from Glen Rock and surrounding areas, can you tell me realistically what that commute is like? I know the train is a good option, but I'd prefer the bus if it's not too much longer. Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 PM

87,965 posts, read 83,789,860 times
Quote:
Anyone out there who does take the bus from Glen Rock and surrounding areas, can you tell me realistically what that commute is like? I know the train is a good option, but I'd prefer the bus if it's not too much longer. Thanks in advance for any information.
I used to take the bus from Midland Park years ago when I worked at the PABT. There are express buses during rush hour, and what it basically boils down to is the earlier you leave, the better chance you have of not sitting stuck in traffic. There's also always a chance that the express bus lane (XBL) at the Lincoln Tunnel will stop dead if one of the buses breaks down. It happens, not every day, but frequently enough.

From the PABT you can take the E train downtown. Naturally this will take longer than the NJ Transit train/PATH trip does, but if you really want to avoid taking trains it can be done, and if you are catching one of the earliest rush hour buses, you'll have less of a chance of a breakdown or heavy traffic to slow your commute.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 PM

87,965 posts, read 83,789,860 times
Quote:
Thanks for your response. I was afraid of that. I cannot believe that with all the Wall Street people living in North Bergen that they have not added a bus line downtown.
They do market research on that kind of thing. There probably aren't many people interested in what would be a longer and more out-of-the-way commute by bus than they can get by train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey