Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Yes , i'm allowed up to 45 mins on youtube now , but i prefer clips of 5-12 mins...after a while it gets boring... My Camera can shoot up to 60mins of non HD footage and 30 mins of HD footage , i have 2 Cameras.... The Newer one is used for Trains....and the older one is used for Buildings...
My suggestion would be to do the whole PATCO line, end to end, since you can edit, including showing the intersections with the Market-Frankford line at 8th & Market, & there is a concourse that links to the Broad St Concourse to transfer to the Broad St. line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My suggestion would be to do the whole PATCO line, end to end, since you can edit, including showing the intersections with the Market-Frankford line at 8th & Market, & there is a concourse that links to the Broad St Concourse to transfer to the Broad St. line.
Is it a free transfer , i might split the Riverline trip apart form the Septa / PATCO trip...

Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
Quote:
Red Arrow preceded SEPTA. SEPTA runs some former Red Arrow lines in the western suburbs, so the name lives on out there. Red Arrow delivered suburbanites to Center City, on both sides of the Delaware.

Even you admit that NJT's service in South Jersey is substandard.

Here's why people hate NJT. For all of those years that South Jersey's tax dollars were diverted to build the system in the north (primarily NE), the only small fragment of public transit that was provided came from Pennsylvania, not Trenton, Pennsylvania. (& people in North Jersey wonder what the tie is. . .)

When they (TNJ) finally get sent in to fill the void after Red Arrow left, do they build a system? No, They throw in busses, which primarily run to the PATCO line, using those stations as hubs. That would be the same PATCO line that PATCO tried to build into a system & got no co-operation.

TNJ has had over a generation to give South Jersey passable service. Current service is minimal & bad. When it can take 2 or 3 hours & multiple transfers to make a 30 or 40 minute trip, that is not endearing them to the locals.

That's it in a nutshell. I have other things to do besides documenting a decades long situation. If someone else can do it, that's fine.

Bingo, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also Nexis, I think you'll like the RIVERLine. It has some pretty cool views of the surrounding areas and some very working class "Americana" looking towns. What I love the most about taking it, is that I can get off in Palmyra, stop at the Wawa for Coffee, snacks whatever, get on the next train, and not pay a dime extra or get another ticket.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Is it a free transfer , i might split the Riverline trip apart form the Septa / PATCO trip...
There are transfer machines in the South Jersey stations. There is a charge, but it is a reduced fare by getting the transfers.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post

Also Nexis, I think you'll like the RIVERLine. It has some pretty cool views of the surrounding areas and some very working class "Americana" looking towns. What I love the most about taking it, is that I can get off in Palmyra, stop at the Wawa for Coffee, snacks whatever, get on the next train, and not pay a dime extra or get another ticket.
Thanks!

Obviously, I'm much older than you, but your generation knows enough & experiences enough that my guess is that it would take one or two generations from yours before South Jersey would lose the animosity for TNJ, if ever, & that is assuming that they try to make up for generations of deliberately ignoring the area.

Somehow, I suspect that if I come back, in my next life, to South Jersey not much will have changed.

Maybe it will be the state of South Jersey by then.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:

Hehe i love Wawa's its a shame we don't have them up here... Ive looked at some of the Riverline towns...they do look charming like Bordentown and Riverton...

Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
Quote:
Thanks!

Obviously, I'm much older than you, but your generation knows enough & experiences enough that my guess is that it would take one or two generations from yours before South Jersey would lose the animosity for TNJ, if ever, & that is assuming that they try to make up for generations of deliberately ignoring the area.

Somehow, I suspect that if I come back, in my next life, to South Jersey not much will have changed.

Maybe it will be the state of South Jersey by then.

lmao, who knows. You know what though, I like the dichotomy of our state, and think both North and South would be missing something without the other. It's like we have a kind of a yin and yang thing going on. The only problem (IMO) is that the North tends to forget that we exist, and that's when I start leaning towards us being a different state. Seriously though, they don't realize there's something between A.Cc and Philly, A.C. and LBI, or A.C. and Cape May. Most people I meet in North Jersey haven't heard of Vineland/Millville/Buena, Cumberland County, Rt.55, and aren't really sure where the Delaware Bay is.

The other thing, I hope it doesn't change much, I hope we stay rural, just with smaller, denser towns with mass transit so we're less car dependent.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Quote:
Seriously though, they don't realize there's something between A.Cc and Philly
I don't think South Jersey people realize this either haha. I know for me, its like Philly suburbs --> Hammonton --> the shore.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I don't think South Jersey people realize this either haha. I know for me, its like Philly suburbs --> Hammonton --> the shore.
overall NJT service is substandard however the 554 from lindenwood to AC is 24/7 via rte 30 and there is no north-south service in atlantic county west of mays landing I HATE 315!!!!! AND 313!!!!! the 552 to cape may is 24/7 and 551 SUPER ACE EXPRESS with only 2 stops between AC and Philly which are sicklerville and camden also runs 24/7. but other than the 500 series the rest of south jersey really sucks the 400 line goes untill early morning hours. If you miss a bus you can walk to another line however in certain parts only The bus network works like a hub and spoke there most buses go to philly. like for example I was at evesham rd and black hourse pike I missed the 400 instead of waiting I ran up one block and took the 455 then transfered to 406 it took less than an hour to get to camden. If you know the system you will know what you can and can't do. What 295 southboud mentioned was crosstown travel was impossible which he is right about.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
lmao, who knows. You know what though, I like the dichotomy of our state, and think both North and South would be missing something without the other. It's like we have a kind of a yin and yang thing going on. The only problem (IMO) is that the North tends to forget that we exist, and that's when I start leaning towards us being a different state. Seriously though, they don't realize there's something between A.Cc and Philly, A.C. and LBI, or A.C. and Cape May. Most people I meet in North Jersey haven't heard of Vineland/Millville/Buena, Cumberland County, Rt.55, and aren't really sure where the Delaware Bay is.

The other thing, I hope it doesn't change much, I hope we stay rural, just with smaller, denser towns with mass transit so we're less car dependent.
Bus line 553 travels from cumberland county to AC and is 24/7 VIA RTE 40 AND LANDIS AVE. 313 Is TRASH ONLY 4 TRIPS !!!!!! THE BUS IS FULL WTF!!!!! By the way the bus from cape may to AC is called line 552 it's 24/7 ALSO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey