U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM

264 posts, read 542,281 times

Advertisements

Try New Brunswick. Next stop after Edison and the express trains skip the entire next zone. Franklin twp has lots of condos/townhomes, perhaps people are renting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,616,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l543123 View Post
Hi, I ended up taking coach USA bus from exit 8A park & ride to NYC for my month long project. Park & ride is 5 miles drive from plainsboro and buses start every 10 mins. Most people said I would be caught in traffic, but there is a direct bus lane during rush hrs. If your work is close to times square then coach USA is better than going to Hamilton train station. I found work in NJ and so worked only for 1 month in NYC. So did the bus trip. Otherwise would have moved closer, at least metuchen or up north. The bus/train trip from plainsboro is convenient and smooth, but be ready to spend atleast 3 hrs of your life everyday commuting. Oh and $450 expense every month.

I tried parking at princeton during rush hrs (horrible) and station is so crowded. I tried driving to Hamilton (far from plainsboro), but lot of parking, but parking expensive. Then I tried Coach USA bus from exit 8A (bus every 10 mins), parking $2 (monthly pass available), traffic issues (30 min delay) may be 2 times entire month. Also I think #600 bus does not have good timing that connects to train timing in princeton, you either end up waiting 20 mins or I think you will miss the express trains. Also #600 takes a lot of time before you reach princeton junction due to the # of stops.
true and the many diversions you know you can also backtrack to trenton

Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 AM

24,497 posts, read 38,377,606 times
I take the express from princeton junction every day. It's smooth. Parking and passes are cheaper than hamilton as well.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:59 AM

362 posts, read 966,845 times
Where are you in Plainsboro? The 600 bus isn't too bad to the train station if you catch it at the right time and it runs pretty late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey