Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,832 times

Advertisements

sounds like you went to loop a few months ago they had some weird r&b or hip hop something going on, it was out of place. Otherwise, it is a predominantly white bar, but still a good mix.

It really depends on the night too, if you can, go there Wed and Thursday night. Saturday nights is an older crowd and not as crowded. Fridays are really hit or miss imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,397,033 times
there's an irish bar/restaurant near me in west orange on S. Valley that has karoake one night. can't remember the name. O'Neills maybe. It's a decent bar but hasn't been crowded any evening i've gone for dinner. but maybe it's packed on karoake night.

there's also a jazz bar in Orange called "The Hat Factory" or something like that. someone recommended it to me. lots of live music. potentially a good time.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:36 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,268,925 times
Montclair, Hoboken, Morristown, and Jersey City are the towns that you need to spend time in.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 AM

614 posts, read 1,375,575 times
I'll be going to Then Shannon Rose in Woodbridge NJ not the Clifton one that was ok but the Woodbridge one has two levels not a full second floor but it overlooks a good amount of the ground floor. Thats a plus for scoping out some hotties down below and getting a good view of the live bands they have on occasion. In the fall/winter time Riverside bar and grill in Clifton is a good spot to go it's on South Parkway in Clifton, NJ they have a webiste too so if interested.... I like it there and the Shannon Rose in Woodbridge, also Chammps in Edison at the Menlo mall is ok in colder weather, they have football games on TV in the football season so that attracts a crowd. All I see is that when I've been there it seemed the crowd thinned out quick. The Office in Roselle Park on Westfield Ave is pretty good, at least it was when I went, it's all trial and error like you said.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 AM

195 posts, read 395,964 times
Hell's kitchen in Newark, trust me you will love It, go on there web page.
www.hellskitchenlounge.com

Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 PM

18 posts, read 288,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
sounds like you went to loop a few months ago they had some weird r&b or hip hop something going on, it was out of place. Otherwise, it is a predominantly white bar, but still a good mix.

It really depends on the night too, if you can, go there Wed and Thursday night. Saturday nights is an older crowd and not as crowded. Fridays are really hit or miss imo
Yeah, thats what I figured about the Loop, I accidentally went on an off night or something... next time I will try a Wed, Thurs, or Sat or something.

Tried the Office in Montclair, lol, didnt like it. Went on a karaoke night, and was a weird mix of obnoxious drunk college students and ghetto people, plus a weird atmosphere.

Hells kitchen in Newark seems to be a winner, been there twice and liked it.

Will soon try Hoboken and Jersey City, thanks everyone for the replies. Any more info would be great!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 AM

Try Port 44 brew pub in downtown Newark very low key great beer !

Old 08-29-2010, 04:35 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,831 times
This is an interesting topic. My girlfriend just took a job up in Caldwell so I'll be visiting there on occasion. Are there any bars up there similar to those in the Shore area like Jenks, Surf Club, Joe Pops, The Ketch, etc... Obviously minus the ocean! But large and open, usually a good local cover band playing with a DJ spinning some hits/hip-hop style music in between sets? Not looking for anything ghetto, biker or yuppie - and somewhere cab-friendly to Caldwell (meaning it won't cost an arm or a leg to get there). Just a cool place for people in their 20s.

Not looking to bother with trains or bad areas late at night either.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM

17 posts, read 23,286 times
zeppelin hall in jersey city. for a few hours you will forget you are living in NJ.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB66 View Post
zeppelin hall in jersey city. for a few hours you will forget you are living in NJ.
How's that ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey