Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:23 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times

Advertisements

I've never watched an episode of the show, not because I have anything against the show, but because I really don't watch any TV. I thought I'd throw out this article to see what everyone thinks:

Most New Jersey Residents Want Jersey Shore to Disappear - PEOPLE TV Watch

"In a new Quinnipiac University poll of Garden State residents, 51 percent said they had an unfavorable view of the show, while just 11 percent had a favorable view. The rest were undecided."

New Jersey (NJ) Poll * August 24, 2010 * New Yorkers Give 'Jersey Shore - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:50 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,669,270 times
Come on its a kid's show, who cares? Let them have their fist pumps and whatever. I'm much more offended by The Real Housewives of New Jersey since that is about adults and targeted to adults. That gives a far worse impression of NJ than anything that could be shown on MTV.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM

607 posts, read 958,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Come on its a kid's show, who cares? Let them have their fist pumps and whatever. I'm much more offended by The Real Housewives of New Jersey since that is about adults and targeted to adults. That gives a far worse impression of NJ than anything that could be shown on MTV.
Agreed!

The idiots on Jersey Shore are a nuisance, but essentially harmless (unless you are near them in a bar, I guess); just scrape 'em off your shoe and keep walking

But, the RHONJ are scarier - they have already procreated and created a new generation of attention-starved, inflated self-worth wanna-bes with a genetically produced set of misguided priorities courtesy of their parents.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I've never watched an episode of the show, not because I have anything against the show, but because I really don't watch any TV. I thought I'd throw out this article to see what everyone thinks:

Most New Jersey Residents Want Jersey Shore to Disappear - PEOPLE TV Watch

"In a new Quinnipiac University poll of Garden State residents, 51 percent said they had an unfavorable view of the show, while just 11 percent had a favorable view. The rest were undecided."

New Jersey (NJ) Poll * August 24, 2010 * New Yorkers Give 'Jersey Shore - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut
C'mon, your not one of those "I'm much too busy to bother with watching TV" are you?
Lots of TV shows suck but I have this device that I keep near me that allows me to CHANGE THE CHANNEL on shows I don't like.

I have surfed past the "Jersey Shore" so I have some idea what it's about and I choose not to watch.
I get about 100 stations with Time Warner and I only watch a few.
Why do people care what others watch?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM

21 posts, read 72,670 times
New Jersey Housewives is disturbing. I cant watch it.

I really like Jersey Shore. I even went to Seaside Heights to see the house and the cast last Sunday. That show is so freakn funny to me. When i take the "Jersey Shore episode tests" on NJ.com after each episode I get 100%s.... and Im proud of it

Rich in New Jersey

Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,027,773 times
Couldn't care less about either show.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
It's a friggin TV show. On MTV. I don't know how some people make it through the day when they worry about stuff like this. Important things must leave them in the fetal position.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Default Garbage ~~

Jersey Shore -- garbage! "Real" Housewives -- Ha! More garbage.
My concern for the people who watch this stuff: garbage in, garbage out.
Collectively, we're debased enough already. We don't need more garbage!
Hence, I encourage everyone to pass on these shows. There are much better things to watch.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
C'mon, your not one of those "I'm much too busy to bother with watching TV" are you?
Lots of TV shows suck but I have this device that I keep near me that allows me to CHANGE THE CHANNEL on shows I don't like.

I have surfed past the "Jersey Shore" so I have some idea what it's about and I choose not to watch.
I get about 100 stations with Time Warner and I only watch a few.
Why do people care what others watch?
Well, during football season, I am not too busy! Or NBA playoffs!

I've heard a lot about this show on this forum, and in a couple of news articles where the show was decried by the Governor.

I guess the reason I ask is because I don't live in NJ any longer, but wanted to get the idea/perception of those who watch this show. I never saw an episode of the Sopranos, either, but I have been always disturbed how so many could be turned onto the depiction of organized crime as a means of entertainment, particularly those from my state. Moreover, now that I live out of state, I will occasionally field either a question or hear a remark that typecasts NJ negatively because of show such as these.

I am a big first amendment guy, though, and would never suggest this show nor others being censored. I was just asking an honest question from those who still live in the state I will always consider 'home'!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:13 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Jersey Shore -- garbage! "Real" Housewives -- Ha! More garbage.
My concern for the people who watch this stuff: garbage in, garbage out.
Collectively, we're debased enough already. We don't need more garbage!
Hence, I encourage everyone to pass on these shows. There are much better things to watch.
What Maverick said..and I hope people in other areas of the country that watch this drivel don't think these shows are stereotypical of all NJ residents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey