U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 09:06 PM

2,685 posts, read 3,500,573 times

Advertisements

I'm curious about what is going to happen to Wayne Towne Center Mall in Wayne? It was going to be revitalized. Wayne Towne Center is the little mall next to Willowbrook. It had a very nice Borders Books, Fortunoff, Old Navy, J.C. Penney, etc. They were going to upgrade and expand. They forced Borders out (how I miss that store) and Fortunoff went bankrupt. Except for Borders, Fortunoffs and Penney's, it was a "dead" mall, and no one went inside the mall. I have heard that it was originally supposed to be connected to Willowbrook, but that it never happened.

They knocked down most of the mall except for J.C. Penney's. They left Fortunoffs intact because it was still open at the time, but then Fortunoffs closed.

They have signs that Dick's Sporting Goods is there, even though it was never built. The rumors I heard are that Dick's was promised two "anchor" stores (J.C. Penneys and Fortunofsf), but when Fortunoffs went belly-up, Dick's decided that since there was only one anchor store left, they would not build a store there. There were numerous other smaller stores that were supposed to be built, but everything has been at a standstill for months.

It looks like a war zone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,270 times
we know just as much as u, but what i can tell u is in a deal closed on December 28, 2010, the mall was purchased by Vornado Realty Trust for $12.1 million from Wells Fargo, along with annual lease payments of $2.5 million for the land. A Vornado spokesman said that the company planned to revamp the property

Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 PM

362 posts, read 916,821 times
Honestly, I never understood why they didn't try to connect it to Willowbrook earlier - or just sell the land to Willowbrook and expand it to include JCPenney's. Even before the economy tanked the inside of there was a ghost town with mostly empty stores.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 AM

859 posts, read 2,438,302 times
Didn't the Fortunoff's repopen as a "Fortunoffs Outdoors" store....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey