Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 7,323 times

Advertisements

My husband just got an IT assignment at NYC and we are planning to move to Edison NJ area as we came across some introduction about Edison NJ area. We are planning to buy townhouses, but they all seem to be more expensive than house we got at Indiana ...

Any help would be very appreciated ... Other town less expensive but with good school and easy commute to NYC is also good. Our schedule may be around Sept, no later than Sept 15 ...

Thanks for all your help, this is great forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 01:13 PM

16 posts, read 69,111 times
Default Welcome to Jersey

There are a lot of towns with easy commutes to NYC from Middlesex County. My husband and I live in Sayreville and he commutes to the city from the South Amboy train station.

Having grown up in Ohio, I understand the sticker shock you might be feeling going from IN to NJ. A lot depends on how much you can afford to spend on a house, as you'll have to spend at least twice as much, if not three times, to get something comparable. You might start by doing a search in Middlesex county on Weichert.com to see what's out there in your price range.

Last edited by hencoskij; 06-28-2007 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Add more

Old 07-01-2007, 06:31 PM

5 posts, read 22,724 times
Default Need help relocating from Indiana to Edison NJ area ...

What is your price range? I have some friends that live in Westgate Sq. in North Edison...nice place...townhome community that would be perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey