Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I was thinking it might BE Nexis (LOL)

It would be a great way to get photos in secure areas, if you had your own bus. HAHAHA
Quote:
LOL.....yeah I laughed when the article said his Mom was suprised it was a bus because he is a big train (rail) fan.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
If we don't hear from Nexis within 48 hours, it's definitely HIM!!!! LMAO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Haha! And we do know Nex is partial to trains as well I believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Railfans are by and large normal people who just think trains are neat and like to look at them, read about them, etc...this clown is what is known as a "foamer"-in other words he foams at the mouth whenever he sees anything to do with trains and can't control himself. These are the types of guys who spend their whole lives hanging around the railroad and act as though they know more than the guys who actually work there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's somewhere on the autism spectrum though-my wife works with autistic kids and lots of them develop fixations with certain things. She's known more than a few who are obsessed with trains-think the the kid from Polar Express-you know the one I'm talking about
Quote:
Really??? The article said he has Asperger's which I think is a form of autism...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I had to check this out right away. I thought, Oh, no, what did Nexis do. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Yes, it is-I feel bad for the guy. People with Aspergers have an incredibly difficult time understanding social norms among other things-his mother probably could do a little better of a job handling him, but he probably finds his urge to interact with trains uncontrollable at times, which leads to incidents like these.
Quote:
Aww..in a case like this I don't think jail will serve any useful purpose...I laughed when the article said he told the cops...bet they won't be leaving keys in the ignition anymore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You beat me to it, pvs!

But Nexis would hijack a train if he was gonna do it.

EDIT: UH OH, I didn't read the whole article or the rest of the posts...shall we start passing the hat for bail money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I liked the part when she said he likes planes too, but hasn't gotten his hands on one of those...yet...

I don't think this is Nexis. Nexis said he is 19 years old, and this guy's been doing his thing since 1981.

Maybe Nex went to get his autograph, though!
Quote:
LOL...that could very well be
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Guys, this is Nexis' father. True story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Noooo! Are you REALLY serious? How do you know?In disbelief.....

Yes? Are we forgetting i have Aspergers? Some of these comments were insulting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
Nexis ... I'm SO sorry if anything I posted hurt you in any way. I'm SURE, we were all just having some fun. I really don't think anyone thought you would take our remarks in a negative way. Please understand.We love you, man. Your posts, and pictures, and videos, are amazing. Please don't take the comments we submitted here in a bad (negative) way. They were ALL posted in memory of you, in respect for what you love, and in thanks for the many answers you provide.Again ... please accept my apologies if the comments in this thread were hurtful to you.In kindest regards,-pvs

Old 09-01-2010, 06:46 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Yes? Are we forgetting i have Aspergers? Some of these comments were insulting.....
This particular we didn't know you have Aspergers.

I am sorry if you were insulted, but please...know that you're one of the most interesting and entertaining posters on the New Jersey forum.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Nexis, I'm sorry if I insulted you. I didn't know that you have Aspergers, & was just joking around because when I think of trains & NJ, I think of you.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:51 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
Nexis, we definitely did not mean to insult you..at all!!!! We <3 you!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
And Nex...if you ever to get to a place where you have to steal a train...we'll all help you!

Now THAT would be a New Jersey CD Meetup!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
hey Nexis, actually I think your pretty cool and I also think the others here really love your posts and info!!! I have a new fasination with that light rail thing. I am totally psyched to ride that thing all day long!! I am a people watcher and what better way than the LIGHT RAIL! I wish we had more people like you with a vast knowledge of all that info. WE LOVE YOU!! We really do love you and find you so warm and friendly. Even though I did not comment and I did not think it was you for a second, I actually thought it could have been me, I am prone to addictions and going over board but mine right now is bodybuilding and the light rail. I am hoping you will forget what people have said , they meant no harm. Marilyn

Old 09-02-2010, 05:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Awwww Nexis, had no idea. Didn't mean to offend you or anyone with autisim...please forgive us

Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,271,633 times
Well guys, I was actually joking about it being Nexis' father, LOL!

But this story reminds me of a time when I was in college at Rutgers. We were waiting for the campus bus to depart from the student center, and some maniac that was in our group attempted to hijack the bus. Serenaded by the cheers of his fellow (drunken) passengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: