Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,810 times

Advertisements

Here is the shot across the bow....
My next step is to call the cemetery, the better business bureau, and the newspapers...
I am soooooooooo angry. My husband died 3 months ago today. I made the decision to have him buried with his family in NJ. I ... We... Live in Maine. He shares the plot with his beloved brother. His brother has a headstone in place, and my husband's name was to be added to it.
Here is the thing.
The family has 14 plots. His great-grandparents purchased 14 plots.
5 of the individual headstones in front of the family headstone are VISABLE.
My husband and his brother's was pushed right up against the next family headstone ... NAMES AGAINST the BACK of another FAMILY headstone.
SOME OTHER HEADSTONE.
WE CAN'T SEE the NAMES. They are against the BACK of another family's FAMILY HEADSTONE, AND under some huge immense holly plant monster!!!!!!
I cannot comprehend the idiots at the cemetery being so DENSE as to place my husband's headstone.... Father, brother, son, uncle, great uncle, grandson.... MY HUSBAND!!!! ... AGAINST ANOTHER FAMILIES HEADSTONE.
Can anyone EXPLAIN this to me???????????
Another annoyance. He was buried early April 2007. On May 4th, his son called and told me the headstone was still shoved to the side in front of yet another family headstone (at this point, it was not engraved, but I had made the arrangements.) I called CEDAR LAWN CEMETARY on May 5th and asked that the stone be moved to the correct place IMMEDIATELY, which the woman I spoke to assured me would happen THAT DAY. Now, I am assuming that they must have thought "she is up in Maine. We'll get to it when we get to it." WRONG!
On FATHERS DAY his son called and said it STILL HAD NOT BEEN MOVED. His children went to visit their father's GRAVE on FATHERS DAY, their FIRST without him! PLUS, there was a friggin GROUNDHOG HOLE on the plot!!!!!!!!I called that Monday and they AGAIN told me it would happen THAT DAY.
Which, I guess, happened. Since when I visited on June 24th, it was .... BACKED UP AGAINST THE OTHER FAMILY HEADSTONE.
Idiots!

ON that Father's Day, John's two oldest children and their mother planted flowers, even though the stone had not been moved BACK. They left room for the headstone and called me. When I went to visit on the day of his son's graduation.... 6/24/07, they had apparently BULLDOZED or whatever, the flowers. No flowers. Gone. Just friggin DIRT.

And what sux is.... It is not like I can call them and tell them we are taking our business ELSEWHERE! What do we do? Bring in a BACKHOE?
So I'm asking you to send this along. They are going to get an EAR FULL of ROSE on Monday morning, but I'd like to let everyone know what happens if your beloved is buried in CEDAR LAWN CEMETARY in PATTERSON, NEW JERSEY.

Yeah, I'm just a little angry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,750 times
Default Sorry to hear

First - let me offer my sympathies for the loss of your husband.

But man o' man you sure are a firecracker !
I'm feeling your anger & I only wish there was something I could do to help you. Yes this situation sucks, I agree. But I have a feeling that you will have this taken care of quickly. Those idiots at the cemetary better "snap to" or they're in for big trouble !
Please check back in & let us know what happens. I feel you are right on the money with contacting the BBB & Local newspapers. Even the local TV stations might be able to help you. Good luck !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey