Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 AM

4 posts, read 9,306 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm thinking of moving to the Soleil Lofts on Montgomery St. I'm a petite Asian woman who grew up in a low-rent neighborhood in a major city, so i'm very comfortable in a diverse area. I'm interested in hearing from McGinley sq residents about living there. How late are you out at night? Up to what hour do you feel safe walking back from the Path? How far really is the walk to the Path? What do you like/dislike about living in McGinley Sq? Any parking problems? Lack of spaces or vandalism? Burglaries or muggings? I'm aware of a recent fatal stabbing on Bergen, but the smaller crimes that affect more of us on a daily basis don't make it into the papers. Other comments are also welcome. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,311 times
ex-resident of McGinley sq area .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniebabie View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of moving to the Soleil Lofts on Montgomery St. I'm a petite Asian woman who grew up in a low-rent neighborhood in a major city, so i'm very comfortable in a diverse area. I'm interested in hearing from McGinley sq residents about living there. How late are you out at night?
sometimes very late
Quote:
Up to what hour do you feel safe walking back from the Path?
All hours on JFK. Avoid Bergen after sunset. bergen is slightly more direct than JFK if you're between JFK and Bergen but it's much sketchier.

You can also take a cab if you're out late, there are plenty of them. Would especially recommend this if you're out in summer fri/sat night.

Quote:
How far really is the walk to the Path?
about 15min to where you are.

Quote:
What do you like/dislike about living in McGinley Sq? Any parking problems?
parking is really tight, I had a space in a lot.

Quote:
Lack of spaces or vandalism?
No problem with vandalism and there were much nicer looking cars than mine in the same lot (e.g. a corvette)

Quote:
Burglaries or muggings?
My building had some break ins. Make sure you have good locks with a nice long bolt.

Quote:
I'm aware of a recent fatal stabbing on Bergen, but the smaller crimes that affect more of us on a daily basis don't make it into the papers. Other comments are also welcome. Thanks!!!
Bergen Avenue is a quality of life crime. There was the nutty guy urinating on passers by. Obnoxious people with their killer dogs, zipping around the sidewalks on bicycles. Spitting. Public urination, etc. The two good things about Bergen Ave are that the homeless people usually won't ask for money and the C-Town and grocery shops are decent places to shop.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM

4 posts, read 9,306 times
Thanks very much! This was very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: