U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:42 PM

593 posts, read 1,516,735 times

Advertisements

i hear all this bad mouthing corzine for doing nothing and yet people are applauding this guy for doing nothing besides fighting a teachers union. the saddest part is all of the people saying yay to that are not in the high schools, the middle schools, etc and have no idea what is going on other than "they're saving tax dollars". i havent heard christie do anything else besides that. isnt he supposed to clean up other corrupted institutions especially the most notorious one out of them all-the state government? that just tells me he's not governing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 AM

284 posts, read 568,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
i hear all this bad mouthing corzine for doing nothing and yet people are applauding this guy for doing nothing besides fighting a teachers union. the saddest part is all of the people saying yay to that are not in the high schools, the middle schools, etc and have no idea what is going on other than "they're saving tax dollars". i havent heard christie do anything else besides that. isnt he supposed to clean up other corrupted institutions especially the most notorious one out of them all-the state government? that just tells me he's not governing.
can't answer your questions as your statements were wrong.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 AM

17,068 posts, read 16,688,360 times
Not following you here because i can't see where my sons school system is messed up at all.

Of course I give credit to the great majority of the parents in our district for that. Not some politician.

What specifically have politicans done for the crappier school districts anyway?

If Christie can do more to put the funding of education in local hands and less in the hands of strong political machines and their cronies, more power to him.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 AM

15,775 posts, read 12,228,386 times
What has he done? He passed a budget through a democratic assembly, that didn't increase spending. He has eliminated unnecessary government jobs, we are well on our way to much needed pension reform and a 2.5% property tax cap. The tax payers are the people the government is SUPPOSED to be working for. For once, we feel like we have someone that IS working for us. Until now, every recent governor has been working for the people who receive the tax dollars instead of the people that pay the tax dollars.

What some people never understand is that there are 49 other states where people can go if the political and business environment in NJ becomes too toxic. We have already lost so much wealth to other states. You cant force people to stay in NJ and you certainly cant keep spending money you dont have.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,270,407 times
Do not feed the troll.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM

97 posts, read 287,011 times
Your local municipality is responsible for your school board budget, not Chrstie. If you feel your school system is messed up, then talk to the your local Board of Ed about it.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:45 PM

607 posts, read 862,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Let's slightly alter your question:

What has Obama done for America?

My point being - before this careens out of control - Obama's supporters consistently maintain that he is to be given time having come in after 8 years of Bush, and that he has been there not even two years.

OK.

Christie is following the McGreevy/Corzine Democratic reigns in Trenton - also 8 years - but he is only allowed weeks/months, while Obama is given years; and Obama has party control in the Congress to help, while CC is up against the Dems in the Statehouse.

Government is big ship that can't be turned around quickly or easily, by the President or the Governor.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM

912 posts, read 2,251,372 times
Christie has also taken a courageous and praise-worthy step: Finally taking a stand on our radical, off-the-wall, dope-smoking Supreme Court. He didn't reappoint the lunatic who ran the show over there, and I'm hoping he gets rid of every one of those fruits and nuts so we can get rid of Mt. Laurel, Abbott and a hundred other decisions that have driven a collective box of nails into Jersey's coffin.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,116,973 times
what (else) has christie done for nj? He's raised the cost of cummuting by 25%, and by so doing, has increased traffic on our roadways, and pollution in our air.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 PM

2,872 posts, read 5,628,895 times
I don't speak much on Christie b/c I've been indifferent from day one. With that said:

anyone can come to the conclusion that the 'spend, borrow, spend, borrow' train was going to end eventually. Whether or not Christie's way is the right one, I do wonder if some folks expected the state to borrow itself into a bottomless pit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: