Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 AM

14 posts, read 32,982 times

Advertisements

Hmm thanks for the advice guys. As I say, it wouldn't be for a couple of years... but I do appreciate being able to price things up now if I can get a placement in NY. I'm defo not limiting myself to WNY, not at all, I mean anywhere along Blvd East would be superb. Is Craigslist the place to look for places then or are there other sites that show apartment rentals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,574,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP_91 View Post
Hmm thanks for the advice guys. As I say, it wouldn't be for a couple of years... but I do appreciate being able to price things up now if I can get a placement in NY. I'm defo not limiting myself to WNY, not at all, I mean anywhere along Blvd East would be superb. Is Craigslist the place to look for places then or are there other sites that show apartment rentals?

I'm sorry I missed the couple of years part, lol, and here I am posting links to apartments. I used craigslist a lot, but another good option is to use real estate agency sites. The good thing about realty companies around here is that they all share listings, so if you go to one of the websites that has listings it will have other agency's listings as well. Also, some places never get listed so you have to just drive or walk around the area to find some places. Also, some people on this forum are extremely helpful, I had someone actually message me phone numbers of places for rent that she happened to walk or drive by. Here are some of the realty companies websites that I used for listings: Prominent Properties Sotheby's International Realty | Listing Search, ::&nbsp SILAN REAL ESTATE *::* Search Real Estate listings & properties in all our areas!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM

Haha it's fine Dorian.

Thanks a lot for the help. I wouldn't be able to check it out properly until next year, but then it wouldn't be really relevant as it would still be another year if I was to move to NY. All depends on whether i'm successful in finding an industrial placement within the city. Really hope I do though, it would really give me a taste of American living I think, which is where I do hope to live/work when i'm older.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM

249 posts, read 883,013 times
I work in Manhattan for the past 25 years.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 AM

And do you still enjoy it?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 AM

5 posts, read 8,233 times
You got to be kidding. I live in West New York, one block from Boulevard East and the beautiful view of New York City, in a rent control building where the owner give you heat when he wants to, the neighbors are smokers and when you are happier inside you just have to open your windows or turn on your air purifiers 24 hours. There is no parking at any time, and specially after 3 pm and weekends. I walk to work 5 blocks and between Park Ave and Bergenline Ave you don't see any thing nice, so I am afraid every night coming from work and don't even get into winters here, a total nightmare, cleaning your car of snow and staying home because if you move it you can't find parking. People are rude in general and bad educated. I personally feel that I wasted 30 years of my life living in Hudson County, but even if I want to move to Florida I can't do it because of the job market and rent cost in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey