U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 21,218 times

Advertisements

I've recently accepted a job in Parsippany (moving from the DC area) and was considering living in Morristown but I have a few concerns:

1) I'm a single guy in my mid 30's and wonder if Morristown would suit me or if it tends to be more "suburbia"

2) How quickly can I get into NYC in the evenings to enjoy the nightlife, and what are the best ways to do so? (public transportation? Drive?)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM

62 posts, read 211,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMoveAlot View Post
I've recently accepted a job in Parsippany (moving from the DC area) and was considering living in Morristown but I have a few concerns:

1) I'm a single guy in my mid 30's and wonder if Morristown would suit me or if it tends to be more "suburbia"

2) How quickly can I get into NYC in the evenings to enjoy the nightlife, and what are the best ways to do so? (public transportation? Drive?)

Thanks!
Morristown has a big young, professional crowd with nice restaurants and a bit of nightlife. It's not suburbia. You'll fit in and should enjoy.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 PM

2,806 posts, read 15,369,605 times
Depends on what you are accustomed to. While not suburbia in the traditional sense, Morristown is still no NYC. If you are really looking for great nightlife in NJ I'd suggest Jersey City or Hoboken where you can catch a PATH train that in 5-10 minutes can take you into Manhattan.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM

859 posts, read 3,101,171 times
I like Morristown a lot: the people, the main ave, the food, the bars.

It's like being in a city with out being in one. It's good if you like things to do, but don't actually want to live in a big city.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM

13,111 posts, read 25,475,345 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Mo'town has a train that goes into NYC....you can also drive..how long it will take depends on time you are going

Single guy in 30's i think you would like Morristown

Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 PM

5,441 posts, read 15,111,572 times
No it's not NYC but lots of bars and nice restaurants. I like it.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:07 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,070,922 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Morristown sounds perfect. Your commute to Parsippany will be a breeze. Not as much going on as Hoboken but commuting from there to Parsippany each day will get on your nerves big time.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:25 PM

7 posts, read 48,170 times
You'll love Morristown! I have very fond memories of being single there....

Old 07-11-2007, 02:52 AM

4 posts, read 21,218 times
Default Thanks! any other areas to consider?

Great comments. Thanks! Is there another town / area I should consider as well?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 AM

7 posts, read 29,416 times
My husband works in Morrisrown and we live in Hoboken. Hoboken is very young, lots of restuarants and a very short path ride (15 minutes) to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or