Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,068 times

Advertisements

I am a single female, early 30s. Can anyone recommend any apartment complexes or areas near Hackensack, where I will be working, that would provide for a comfortable commute? Safety is a concern. My budget is around $1800 to $2000/month. I do have a cat. Any names of specific apartment buildings would be especially helpful.

Also, does anyone know if a morning commute from East Rutherford to Hackensack is doable?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,754,070 times
You can live in Hackensack with that amount its very doable. Hackensack is a nice city and virtual no crime. I only know the rich apartments in Hackensack , but the cheaper ones surround it.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,757,498 times
Look into the high rises along Prospect Ave- All you need is a visual to make a decision. Unfortunately, I wouldn't look into the 300 Prospect Ave tower, with the parking garage collapse and all the other mishaps I've heard about that place, I wouldn't give it a chance.

You could also look into the apartments in Maywood. There's the Maybrook Plaza right off Essex St, very close to Hackensack- It's a nice area. There's also a nice block apartment complex in between West Pleasant, West Passaic St, and Maywood Ave (not sure what they're called), which is probably the most ideal if you're familiar with that area. West Pleasent Ave is the downtown area of Maywood, considering how small the town actually is- It's awesome. It's also very close to the Hackesack border.

I grew up in Hackensack, so that's why I know so much- Good luck!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,757,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
You can live in Hackensack with that amount its very doable. Hackensack is a nice city and virtual no crime. I only know the rich apartments in Hackensack , but the cheaper ones surround it.
IT has a small crime issue, just stay away from the Carver Park/First St and Railroad Ave area and you generally have a lot of options. Main St is decent, but with her budget, she can do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey