Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 PM

13 posts, read 95,107 times

Advertisements

how long would it take me to get from the pascack valley line to the northeast corridor line? i ask because the train arrives in Secaucus JCTN at 8:28 however the next one to newark penn station is 8:34 which is cutting it close but i'd have to catch the 8:34 to get to work on time thoughts? thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,272 times
No problem, its literally walking up a couple flights of stairs/escalators going through a turnstile then walking down a couple flights of stairs/escalators. I've made transfers with only 2 minutes in between. A helpful tip would be to keep your ticket out with the black magnetic strip facing up and on the right(direction right) portion of the ticket. That is the position in which you must enter it into the turnstile. Having it ready will save you precious seconds

Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times
Of course if you have to navigate around several "moonies" trying to offer flowers it may add a few minutes on to that trek.

But that's REALLY cutting it close and is dependant on the incoming train being right to the second. Better have a plan B to cover a few missed connections. Even a delay in getting off the train could trip you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey