Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,599,180 times

Advertisements

Congrats. Susie. I have followed the Delaware 55 communities thread since the beginning. I looked in slower lower delaware by Ocean View and Bethany,Dagsboro for about 2 years also as a possible retirement state. After numerous visits I have found the state to be beautiful. As far as our wants we wanted to be 15 minutes to the beach and close to a hospital and family and restaurants and shopping. After the long search low and behold we found it in southern Ocean County by Long Beach Island. Actually in this part on NJ the homes were cheaper then where we were looking in Delaware. Only difference for us was the property taxes,1,500 to 2K in Del. versus 5,000 here. So the house was about 75K cheaper in this area of NJ versus Del. At this rate it will take 25 years for me to get even and if you figure in the federal and state deductions it really was much different for us. I don't plan on living that long. Northern NJ is a different story it's certainly cost effective to move from that area to Delaware or any other state for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey