Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 11,971 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be working for a company in Oceanport, NJ starting somewhere in mid June. I am married, in my late 20's and need suggestion on best and safe places nearby for one bedroom rental apartment. Nearby places that I can find on google maps seem to be Long Branch, Eatontown and Red Bank.

Can someone please provide more details about these areas please?

Thanks,
- Gary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 AM

76 posts, read 243,188 times
Red Bank is awesome! A One Bedroom apartment (east side of the NJT tracks is better) should run about $800-$1200. But you have a great downtown with restaurants, galleries, shops, easy NYC train access, beaches close by. Oceanport is about four miles away. As it happens, I am being transferred from NYC to LA, so I'm selling my house - perfect location, walkable to NYC train, steps to downtown...

Old 06-01-2007, 11:31 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy1234 View Post
Hello,

I will be working for a company in Oceanport, NJ starting somewhere in mid June. I am married, in my late 20's and need suggestion on best and safe places nearby for one bedroom rental apartment. Nearby places that I can find on google maps seem to be Long Branch, Eatontown and Red Bank.

Thanks,
- Gary.
long branch can be dicey, many low income areas, and anything that is nice and near the beach has soared in value.
I'd suggest WEST long branch which is a seperate town but not too many rentals.
there are many apartments in Ocean Township which is under 10 minutes away.
Eatontown can be ok but you need to be picky, and there are probably many rentals in tinton falls.
Red Bank can be pricey for anything decent.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 AM

76 posts, read 243,188 times
It also depends on what kind of town you are looking for. Much of the county is very suburban, other parts more urban, with both cool, funky parts and dicey parts. In LB the West End section, near Brighton Blvd is fun. The coastal parts of LB are really expensive. Tinton Falls is ultra suburban, as is W LB. Little Silver is ok but I'm not sure about apartments rentals.

Again, I would suggest Red Bank. There are nice apartments (for rent and for purchase) right in downtown and other, more garden style a bit farther out, east of downtown. What kind of environment are you looking for (i.e., more urban, walkable, a bit of night life; or more suburban?)

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 11,971 times
Thanks for the replies so far.
I am looking for a semi urban, walkable/joggable/cyclable places.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies so far.
I am looking for a semi urban, walkable/joggable/cyclable places.
you might like my town, Atlantic Highlands, it's more of a traditional small town and it is close to the beaches and about 15-20 minutes from your job

Old 06-01-2007, 02:45 PM

179 posts, read 784,087 times
If I were to get a job in the Oceanport area, I would think Middletown, Red Bank, Kort's town - Atl. Hlds., or uptown Highlands - near the Twin Lights. Note, Atl Highlands and Highlands have some hills and make for a good jog/walk/cycle workout. Good luck on your search.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey2nm View Post
If I were to get a job in the Oceanport area, I would think Middletown, Red Bank, Kort's town - Atl. Hlds., or uptown Highlands - near the Twin Lights. Note, Atl Highlands and Highlands have some hills and make for a good jog/walk/cycle workout. Good luck on your search.
and some low cost rentals could be found in highlands, atl. highlands and navesink

Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 PM

16 posts, read 92,147 times
Default Njbites

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
- Gary.
Gary, you're gonna love Oceanport. I live here. O'Port is the home of Monmouth Park Racetrack (if you like the horses). It's close to the beach and an hour from NY. You may want to buy here in the future although it's expensive. If I could afford to retire here I would. Love it. For rentals, you'll flip for Red Bank just next door. Think a quaint, historic downtown with lots to do. Again it's expensive but you'll be making lots of dough right?........Right? Just kidding. I'm just saying that if you have the money you will absolutely love the area.
Great nightlife in surrounding towns like Sea Bright, Atlantic Highlands and Belmar. That's 3 of about 10! As the other guy said, Eatontown and Long Branch are iffy and LB can be expensive. Little Silver is for rich folks and few rentals. Take my word you'll love both Oceanport and Red Bank.

Good luck, Gary (too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey