Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:17 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There putting in stores , the owner told me phase 2 will include at least 12 more stores.....idk it seemed very nice. Theres a large state park , they have a boat ramp , your next to the Turnpike and Railways. For a single person its a sweet deal.
Ah ok, I visited the apartments a little over a year ago. They're nice luxury apartments but if you don't have a car you can spend similar money in Hoboken and be that much closer to the city and spend less on the PATH if you're a city person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Quote:
Xchange luxury apartments
A percentage are low income/affordable housing. Few were purchased. Most have been rentals.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
A percentage are low income/affordable housing. Few were purchased. Most have been rentals.
No , mostly luxury and average priced apartments.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:09 AM

230 units of those constructed are affordable housing units. As sales never developed, many were rented. The construction of the next phase is in doubt with affects the expected impact funding to a significant degree.

The inital concept of an area that attracted couples turned into an area that increased the school population significantly. This was totally opposite of what the former Mayor sold the town stating the complex would not affect school enrollment in any way. Now the schools are at a point of either adding another school (try to find land) or expansion (not easily done either).

Other than that, the area is isolated an I'd have serious concern over noise from the highways and Croxton rail yards.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:10 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
230 units of those constructed are affordable housing units. As sales never developed, many were rented. The construction 0of the next phase is in doubt.
How do you know this? Any links?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM

I was still working for the town and this was a hot issue at the time. Still stay connected to the operations in the town and I'm back often. Future construction...it's up in the air. The third section of Harmon Cove Towers was never built for the same reason...hence Harmon Cove Tower I & III. It's always fun responding when they don't give you the tower name.

As far as the housing.. bottom of the article........
Hudson Reporter - Towns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey