Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 AM

5,822 posts, read 12,674,231 times

Advertisements

Who has turned the heat on? I think we did this last year and I was an almost winner. Due to the ocean water temp. still being in the 60's which I live close to it really hasn't dropped below 45-47 yet at night. I looked at the 10 day forecast and it looks like the same temps. 60's during the day and high 40's at night. Maybe I'll get into the beginning of November without cranking the furnace. Family, break out the sweaters and wool socks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,694,431 times
Mine's been on since last week. Just at night...we have a baby and if its not toasty the kid is up all night. I'll deal with a higher bill for longer in order to have a decent night's sleep

Old 10-15-2010, 09:54 AM

13,431 posts, read 28,839,632 times
Much to my dismay my husband....if it falls below 70 degrees he's in a flannel shirt & saying he's freezing..looked like a dam fool two weeks ago walking around New Orleans with a flannel shirt on

Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,842,382 times
Haven't turned it on yet. Kepping the house closed up really retains the heat during the day to keep it nice at night. Wife and I have been cracking the windows in our room and running the ceiling fan, so that tells you how cold we like it at least to sleep, lol.

12,283 posts, read 35,790,028 times
hells no. i wait until the last possible moment. we did have a roaring fire last night though. we've had a few nights in the high 30's/low 40's. i'm usually of the camp "no heat until Nov, no air until July"..

eta - i left for work yesterday and it was 41, got to work and it was 61 and I wasn't all that far from JM!

pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,375,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Who has turned the heat on? I think we did this last year and I was an almost winner.
Well, we brought the plants in from the balcony, and I DID light the pilot on the furnace the other day, but we shut the heat back off (at the thermostat) since then. Last night was pretty cool, though ... so maybe we'll turn it back on over the weekend.

Who "wins", the one who turns it on first, or last? What is the prize

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,694,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Well, we brought the plants in from the balcony, and I DID light the pilot on the furnace the other day, but we shut the heat back off (at the thermostat) since then. Last night was pretty cool, though ... so maybe we'll turn it back on over the weekend.

Who "wins", the one who turns it on first, or last? What is the prize
I say first, that way it looks like I win!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Much to my dismay my husband....if it falls below 70 degrees he's in a flannel shirt & saying he's freezing..looked like a dam fool two weeks ago walking around New Orleans with a flannel shirt on
NOONE is colder than me. I wear jeans in the summer! LOL Even with that, I refuse to put the heat on. I care more about not spending the $$$$ than my own personal comfort apparently! I have sweatshirts and a snuggie, what else do I need?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM

5,822 posts, read 12,674,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
NOONE is colder than me. I wear jeans in the summer! LOL Even with that, I refuse to put the heat on. I care more about not spending the $$$$ than my own personal comfort apparently! I have sweatshirts and a snuggie, what else do I need?
Well I'll going to give u a run for your money this year Tahiti. I just got back from Kohls and I bought my winter socks. The winner gets the lowest gas bill in November.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM

13,431 posts, read 28,839,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Good lord I woke up at 5AM he had the heat on, the quilt and another blanket on top of that..I was fine with sheet,with feet hanging out which at times I threw off....of course he needed two blankets because I got up around midnight & turned thermostat down to 62

We just got oil Tuesday and it was $2.61 a gallon so he better keep his slippery fingers off the thermostat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey