U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 01:21 PM

24 posts, read 81,967 times

Advertisements

We live in woodbridge nj and planning to buy house with not more than 620K but so confused to choose either North Brunswick or East Brunswick The school rating at North Brunswick area has mixed review as I checked in Greatschoolsnet ratings are about 6-7 points at max Of course EB has the BEST school but I don’t see any new construction with the prize range

We like the Twin Brook Community off Route 1 and 130 North Brunswick but don’t know about area If we buy in that area then my son will be in Judd Elementary School Can someone give me feedback abt the schools like middle school and high school as well will be highly appreciated I think there’s only one high school NBHS is it[/font]

I work at downtown NY by Battery Park I am thinking to take bus from Governors point which is 10 min from this community. Did any one have more suggestions on commute[/font]

We plan to stay in this new home for loonggg time possibly till kids go to college[/font]

Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 01:32 PM

877 posts, read 2,701,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiri View Post
We live in woodbridge nj and planning to buy house with not more than 620K but so confused to choose either North Brunswick or East Brunswick The school rating at North Brunswick area has mixed review as I checked in Greatschoolsnet ratings are about 6-7 points at max Of course EB has the BEST school but I don’t see any new construction with the prize range

We like the Twin Brook Community off Route 1 and 130 North Brunswick but don’t know about area If we buy in that area then my son will be in Judd Elementary School Can someone give me feedback abt the schools like middle school and high school as well will be highly appreciated I think there’s only one high school NBHS is it[/font]

I work at downtown NY by Battery Park I am thinking to take bus from Governors point which is 10 min from this community. Did any one have more suggestions on commute[/font]

We plan to stay in this new home for loonggg time possibly till kids go to college[/font]

Thanks in advance
They're still building those Twin Brooks houses, they are starting at $519K. Schools are pretty good. Everyone I know who went through them were happy with them. Judd is supposed to be the best elementary school and that is pretty much the top end of town around Farrington Lake and Colonial Gardens etc.

People say the high school is better than the middle school, which that age group is rough for anyone IMO.

Aside from the bus, you can get the train from Jersey Ave I know. I think there's a waiting list for parking there though.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 AM

2,205 posts, read 4,862,206 times
East Brunswick - whichever way you want to compare.

You may also want to consider South Brunswick with your budget and criteria.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM

84 posts, read 281,525 times
East Brunswick is a more upscale town with a VERY good education system. Definitely EB over North Brunswick in my opinion.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 AM

Quick question.. what type of community are you looking for? The towns are fairly different demographically as well I believe.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Hoboken1220,

We r looking for community with young couple and family. Absolutely EB is the Best. Still not sure abt SB as commuting to NYC downtown would be time consuming then commute from EB or NB!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Yes, it will definitely take longer. There is a bus in EB that takes you directly to downtown. Demographically, North Brunswick is also more diverse, but both towns have lots of young families!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 AM

My preference is East Brunswick but..I'm not able to find any new community developing houses within my budget around $620K in EB. (such as Mae Brook or Twin Brook in North Brunswick)

Only drawback I seem to be finding based on everyone's comments is that schools are not as good in North Bruns. compared to EB..

So it seems like I can have either a good house or good school but not both in one place..?
Of course I can buy old house in EB within my budget but am only looking for new construction house in Middlesex county having good schools and convenient commute to NYC..Does this seem like a lot to ask for..??:-)

Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM

I'd be surprised if you can't find something for that rate in East Brunswick... where have you been looking?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken1220 View Post
I'd be surprised if you can't find something for that rate in East Brunswick... where have you been looking?
I searched thru realtor.com and also thru a local realtor but so far not been able to find new construction house in east brunswick within my budeget so far..

I'd love to know if you know of any newly developed or developing community existing in EB (something like Mae Brook or Twin Brook from North Brunswick)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey