Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,389 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm considering a job in Parsippany and would really like some help to know where to look to live as I'm not familiar with the area at all. Ideally I'm looking for a place that's safe, has lots of nice restaurants, coffee shops, friendly bars, gyms, and other places I could find and meet other SWF in their 30s. I'm not really particular about housing other than wanting a garage, and figured I'd rent for a while until I learned the area more before looking to buy. The cost isn't that important, and ideally I wouldn't want to commute more than 30-45 minutes. Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,904,221 times
First choice Morristown. Second choice Montclair.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,355,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgirl75 View Post
Hi, I'm considering a job in Parsippany and would really like some help to know where to look to live as I'm not familiar with the area at all. Ideally I'm looking for a place that's safe, has lots of nice restaurants, coffee shops, friendly bars, gyms, and other places I could find and meet other SWF in their 30s. I'm not really particular about housing other than wanting a garage, and figured I'd rent for a while until I learned the area more before looking to buy. The cost isn't that important, and ideally I wouldn't want to commute more than 30-45 minutes. Any advice would be appreciated!
Are you SURE? NJ is known to be quite expensive. You should give a ballpark figure of your income, or what you are willing to pay in rent, so that others could possibly advise you as to appropriate locations.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:39 PM

7,212 posts, read 11,880,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
First choice Morristown. Second choice Montclair.
Both are good suggestions. If I had to pick, I would pick Morristown over Monclair though.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,802,607 times
you might want to drop the garage requirement, but i guess if you go to morristown and can pay for one of those fancy new condos or apartments you should be able to get a garage. most people in nj have their garage filled with junk and their car in the driveway ha ha

Morristown sounds like a great bet.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,389 times
Alright, I'd be fine with paying over 2000/mo in rent to be in a nice area with those kinds of places nearby, more so if walkable.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll look into Morristown. Are there any other areas, maybe north or eastward from Parsipanny, for comparison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey