Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 PM

18 posts, read 138,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
personally, I would not commute from southern Middlesex (Sayreville, etc) to Berkeley Heights - yuk. have you looked into Califon, High Bridge or Glen Gardner? They are the more reasonably priced towns with low crime in Hund. Cnty. You can also get a townhome or small house in Wash. Twsp (Morris) and still have a decent commute.

I wouldn't consider P'burg - run down and depressing, IMHO.

See I live in Hunterdon County now and I would like to go a little more east. I was thinking Somerset or Middlesex County and north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,087,052 times
Middlesex County is probably your best bet for your needs. Momouth might be a little to far commuting for you. In Middlesex County, the price range you are, allows you to pretty much have your pick of the towns that you could be in. If you have a little more information on what your looking for size/bedroom wise, or area wise, I can help narrow it down for you. Let me know what you think. Good luck!!

Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 PM

18 posts, read 138,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
Middlesex County is probably your best bet for your needs. Momouth might be a little to far commuting for you. In Middlesex County, the price range you are, allows you to pretty much have your pick of the towns that you could be in. If you have a little more information on what your looking for size/bedroom wise, or area wise, I can help narrow it down for you. Let me know what you think. Good luck!!
As a Middlesex (boro) native, I would have to agree. We are also considering towns like Dunellen, Manville, and Bridgewater.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,087,052 times
In those towns you should be fine in your price range. There are a few nice homes available in those areas. Good luck with your search!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,248 times
I vote rahway I just moved one year ago from Maryland and I love it, the commute is great.I lived in Bloomfield(essex county) I don't like essex at all. Property to high!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 AM

23,833 posts, read 33,360,848 times
North Plainfield isn't a bad commute to Middlesex. I used to live in Edison by Rt 1, drove to Watchung every day. The location seems central enough for both of your commutes. I learned different back streets to get around traffic / construstion and never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey