Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 PM

14 posts, read 55,297 times

Advertisements

First off, want to thank everyone for commenting in my old post. I have since raised my budget, significantly, but am torn between the following. I am looking at the following 3 towns presently - Cranford, Garwood, and Roselle Park. My budget is now up to 450k. Some of the main things I'm looking for are a large garage (i'm into cars) and proximity to the train station or bus.

Cranford seems to be a stretch because there's nothing currently on the market under 450k that has what I want. There are some with small attached garages, but they would not work. Garwood appears to be just as expensive as Cranford, without the downtown area and schools. I would also have to rent a room out to help pay the mtge.

Lastly, Roselle Park has houses that definitely work, for almost $100k cheaper. My only concern is that the town will have no resale value if I want to sell in a few years. I also don't want to be in an area that looks and feels poor.

Ultimately, I'm looking for people's opinions to address the tradeoffs I'd have to make. Wait it out for Cranford and stretch myself, or find something in RP that easily fits my budget and requirements, but sacrafice the more upscale living. Thoughts, concerns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi80 View Post
First off, want to thank everyone for commenting in my old post. I have since raised my budget, significantly, but am torn between the following. I am looking at the following 3 towns presently - Cranford, Garwood, and Roselle Park. My budget is now up to 450k. Some of the main things I'm looking for are a large garage (i'm into cars) and proximity to the train station or bus.

Cranford seems to be a stretch because there's nothing currently on the market under 450k that has what I want. There are some with small attached garages, but they would not work. Garwood appears to be just as expensive as Cranford, without the downtown area and schools. I would also have to rent a room out to help pay the mtge.

Lastly, Roselle Park has houses that definitely work, for almost $100k cheaper. My only concern is that the town will have no resale value if I want to sell in a few years. I also don't want to be in an area that looks and feels poor.

Ultimately, I'm looking for people's opinions to address the tradeoffs I'd have to make. Wait it out for Cranford and stretch myself, or find something in RP that easily fits my budget and requirements, but sacrafice the more upscale living. Thoughts, concerns?

Here is one in Cranford with an oversized garage

The gsmls # is 2409331

Old 07-05-2007, 08:58 PM

26 posts, read 172,044 times
Default Cranford On your Budget

I would reccommend roselle park its not as nice as cranford, however getting the best value for your dollar, might be worth considering.

Roselle Park isnt as nice as Cranford but its not exactly slummin it either.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Here is one in Cranford with an oversized garage

The gsmls # is 2409331
I assume this is your listing? That def is not an oversized garage, in looks like it can barely fit 1 car. I am looking for a garage to work on a car in. It needs to be at least a 1.5 garage.

There were a few in Cranford with 2 car garages but the properties themselves were not even close to what I was looking for.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I assume this is your listing? That def is not an oversized garage, in looks like it can barely fit 1 car. I am looking for a garage to work on a car in. It needs to be at least a 1.5 garage.

There were a few in Cranford with 2 car garages but the properties themselves were not even close to what I was looking for.

Although it is listed by the office i work out of it is not my
listing,On realtor.com it would give you the agents names I just remember the listing agent saying it had an oversized garage
Sorry
What type of cars are you into ?
My brother inlaw has a 1928 ford,1936 Chevrolet,a midget from the 70's and
is in the process of rebuilding a 1917 truck

Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Although it is listed by the office i work out of it is not my
listing,On realtor.com it would give you the agents names I just remember the listing agent saying it had an oversized garage
Sorry
What type of cars are you into ?
My brother inlaw has a 1928 ford,1936 Chevrolet,a midget from the 70's and
is in the process of rebuilding a 1917 truck
I'm into modern sport compacts and old muscle cars. I'm planning on buying an EG style civic hatchback (since parts are cheap/abundant) and then a 65-75 musclecar, most likely a Camaro or Nova. Both are projects I've wanted to do for quite some time.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I'm into modern sport compacts and old muscle cars. I'm planning on buying an EG style civic hatchback (since parts are cheap/abundant) and then a 65-75 musclecar, most likely a Camaro or Nova. Both are projects I've wanted to do for quite some time.
Are you going to be doing the car shows when you finish ?
Also i was only 13 -14 in the early 70's but wasn't the Charger also a muscle car at that time ?

Here is a Picture of my brother in laws 1928
not a very good picture

Last edited by BrianG; 09-13-2007 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey