Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 AM

11 posts, read 20,858 times

Advertisements

I have been staying in Hightstown, Mercer County for the past three years and my office was just couple of miles away.
Now I am having to travel to Manhattan and this is becoming a pain for me. Please help me find a place to stay somewhere close to Manhattan.
My husband goes to Piscataway for work so it would be great if i found a place midway to City and Piscataway. I am looking for $1250 rent and i have tried rent.com,
craigslist..but it is not helping me. People are not replying to my emails. :-(
Also I am not sure which would be a good place to stay.
I was thinking of staying close to the beaches, but would it be a wise idea? I simply love the ocean.
Please suggest me any place that has easy access to transportation to NYC and is pretty as well.
My last option would be to drive around places north of jersey and look for 'for rent' signs. :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM

101 posts, read 460,325 times
My last option would be to drive around places north of jersey and look for 'for rent' signs. :-(

sounds brutal, can we help you move your furniture too?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnionPink View Post
I have been staying in Hightstown, Mercer County for the past three years and my office was just couple of miles away.
Now I am having to travel to Manhattan and this is becoming a pain for me. Please help me find a place to stay somewhere close to Manhattan.
My husband goes to Piscataway for work so it would be great if i found a place midway to City and Piscataway. I am looking for $1250 rent and i have tried rent.com,
I was thinking of staying close to the beaches, but would it be a wise idea? I simply love the ocean.
Please suggest me any place that has easy access to transportation to NYC and is pretty as well.
Well, as I'm sure you're aware, Rahway would place you pretty much smack-dab in the middle. There's a place that gets good reviews ... River Place, but rent for a 1BR is around $1,500.

www. riverplacerahway .com

I'm sure some folks here will be able to give you some better feedback, but I don't really know if it's going to be possible to get a place near the shore. That would probably cost more and be a further commute for both of you.

Good luck.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:50 PM

71 posts, read 162,857 times
Do you need to rent? Is purchase an option?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:12 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
You can't have "close to the beaches" and "close to Manhattan" at the same time. Geography is geography.

I live in Monmouth County close to the beaches and it takes me two hours each way to Manhattan every day. However, there ARE trains. You can read or sleep on your commute.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

71 posts, read 162,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You can't have "close to the beaches" and "close to Manhattan" at the same time. Geography is geography.

I live in Monmouth County close to the beaches and it takes me two hours each way to Manhattan every day. However, there ARE trains. You can read or sleep on your commute.
What about the ferry that leaves from the Sandy Hook area?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:07 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
Are you driving your vehicle to Manhattan? Have you considered taking the bus from Hightstown to Manhattan?

http://www.academybus.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=dypg3UWMsE0%3D&tabid=71& mid=475 (broken link)

Suburban Transit | Fares

Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Are you driving your vehicle to Manhattan? Have you considered taking the bus from Hightstown to Manhattan?

http://www.academybus.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=dypg3UWMsE0%3D&tabid=71& mid=475 (broken link)

Suburban Transit | Fares
Yeah i do that. :-( and that is so painful. Waking up at 5:30 in the morning and catching the 6:45 bus and sometimes i miss it for 2 minutes X-(. On top of that i cannot sleep while I commute. I want to have a half an ride instead of 1hr or more.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG. View Post
What about the ferry that leaves from the Sandy Hook area?
Is there a ferry? Wow that sounds good!!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

ok I get it. I just have to live with this, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey