Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 AM

469 posts, read 1,639,873 times

Advertisements

I have two completely different questions I need help with:

1. Are there any restaurants in northern Bergen County which serve quality meals in large portions at decent prices?

2. Beyond Chakra and Kiku, are there any lounges/restaurants which offer a similar chic ambience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,750,223 times
for question 1 immediately think spanish food, the portions are always huge and the food is good.

question 2--LOVE Chakra the only other place I can think of off the top of my head that has great ambiance to that level is Son Cubano, not quite in Bergen County but well worth the drive.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
#1 - Kinchley's Tavern in Ramsey. They have awesome thin crust pizza... need bigger portion - just order another pie!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM

86 posts, read 268,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
#1 - Kinchley's Tavern in Ramsey. They have awesome thin crust pizza... need bigger portion - just order another pie!
Some of the best pizza I've ever had.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM

667 posts, read 1,743,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever View Post
I have two completely different questions I need help with:

1. Are there any restaurants in northern Bergen County which serve quality meals in large portions at decent prices?

2. Beyond Chakra and Kiku, are there any lounges/restaurants which offer a similar chic ambience?

1. Greek Taverna in Glen Rock is well priced and can do family style servings. I imagine so will most italian restaurants (Kinchley's for example as someone mentioned or even a place like A Mano in Ridgewood) and Asian (Baumgarts in Ridgewood). However, you may also want to think catering services where you can provide the venue and have all the input on menu for about the same per head.

2. I'm glad you listed these places solely due to ambiance because the food is subpar and ridiculously priced. I've never eaten such poor quality food for such a high price tag...but it is a fun place to have a drink. I would also add that places like Chakra are popular with the 30-40+ crowd, so if you're looking for a really young 'chic' vibe I'm not sure you really get it here but anyhow, I would add:
Ho Ho Kus Inn (the pub area can be pretty cool)
Oceanos (Fair Lawn - a bit more conservative but the pub area is quite fun and their food is quality)
Park West Tavern (Ridgewood- this place gets pretty hopping' on evenings)
Brick House (Ramsey - they have a cigar bar area which can be hit or miss)
Rosa Mexicana (Hackensack) - Not quite like the NYC version but it's pretty busy in the evenings
The Shannon Rose (Ramsey - they just opened a couple months ago. I haven't been to this particular SR but the one I have been to offers a pretty good level of ambiance, food and at times live music)

Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times
for #1) Mostly Italian places give you best portion for the money, Paisano's in Rutherford, Justin's in Hawthorne, Aldo's in Wyckoff

for #2) Cafe Panache in Ramsey, also Blend in Ridgewood( food so/so, more of a scene)

Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM

292 posts, read 718,553 times
1) I Gemelli in South Hackensack
2) Grand Lux Cafe in Paramus or River Palm Terrace in Fair Lawn (best steaks ever!)

Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,750,223 times
OP--just wondering is this for a date night or a party? I don't think Chakra has a good bar scene per se. I mean they have a bar but it's mostly couple on dates waiting for a table on the weekends. If you're looking to party a nice place is Ultra Bar in Teaneck they have food nothing spectacular but it's got much more of a lounge feel and has a nice sized outdoor area.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 PM

86 posts, read 268,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartone View Post
1) I Gemelli in South Hackensack
2) Grand Lux Cafe in Paramus or River Palm Terrace in Fair Lawn (best steaks ever!)
River Palm is wonderful, but it can be expensive. Try the one in Edgewater, just because it started there.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Andrea's (for casual Italian) and Nellie's Place (for a good thin crust pie) in Waldwick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey