Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

The few people I know in WM are blue collar workers (albeit caucasian). They probably don't have much in common with those that reside in Montclair or Short Hills but I've never heard them say anything that would lead me to believe they inhabit a pro-Aryan town. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 09:23 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The few people I know in WM are blue collar workers (albeit caucasian). They probably don't have much in common with those that reside in Montclair or Short Hills but I've never heard them say anything that would lead me to believe they inhabit a pro-Aryan town. Interesting.

I make no claims to the validity of the statement - just what I've heard from non-Christian residents.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:57 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Out of curiosity, I'd like people to just throw their opinions on here regarding the following towns. (Remember, your opinion can be about anything in those towns, i.e. education, community/safey, family/child/teen activities and involvement, crime, gangs, smog, scenery, teen pregnancy/suicide, climate, price of homes/taxes, traffic/commute....you name it).

Here goes:

Denville
East Hanover
West Milford
Verona
Lafayette
Sparta
Parsippany
Randolph
Vernon
Pequannock
Pompton Lakes
Pompton Plains
Butler
Riverdale
Kinnelon
Ringwood
Branchville
Jefferson
Lafayette is a really nice town, very pretty and peaceful.

Sparta has a reputation for having unfriendly, snotty residents. It's not a bad town at all but sticks out from the rest of Sussex County, which overall is rural/suburban, relaxed and friendly.

Do not speed through Sparta or Lafayette; both towns are crawling with police and they will pull you over, especially on Rt. 15. Five mph or so over the speed limit is about as much as they will allow.

I have been to Branchville a million times; always seemed nice enough to me.

I never really cared for Jefferson because Rt. 15 is in the middle of it and the traffic on Rt. 15 in the Jefferson area is atrocious. It's like having Rt. 80 run through your backyard. They should make a bypass.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 AM

15 posts, read 97,784 times
just wanted to bump this thread in case there are more opinions out there (unless you are chiming in on the whole meaning of the word "aryan" debate)

We are looking to move to N. New Jersey & would like a 45 minute or less commute to Sussex - we'd prefer to be south or east of sussex & in a semi-suburban (i.e. not super rural!) town that has a family friendly community feeling to it - good schools, good parks & rec department, moderate to low crime, some shopping & restaurants. This thread has had some helpful info so far - I'm hoping for more!!
Thanks!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateb518 View Post
just wanted to bump this thread in case there are more opinions out there (unless you are chiming in on the whole meaning of the word "aryan" debate)

We are looking to move to N. New Jersey & would like a 45 minute or less commute to Sussex - we'd prefer to be south or east of sussex & in a semi-suburban (i.e. not super rural!) town that has a family friendly community feeling to it - good schools, good parks & rec department, moderate to low crime, some shopping & restaurants. This thread has had some helpful info so far - I'm hoping for more!!
Thanks!
sussex what? county or town?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM

sussex the town.

we are mainly looking at houses in Sparta, Franklin, Newton & I think one in Andover. Any suggestions, thoughts about those towns/parts of the towns?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
I don't know enough about Franklin to comment but you can't go wrong with Andover or Sparta. Both are very nice areas and not too rural but rural enough (if that makes sense).

I have to admit bias though because I'm a Sussex Cnty. resident and wouldn't live anywhere else in NJ.

Oh yeah, sorry about getting off topic. It's too easy to do sometimes.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Both are very nice areas and not too rural but rural enough (if that makes sense).

makes total sense! We found parts of VT too rural for our tastes (rural towns next to even more rural towns!). Sussex cty seems to have rural with a not too distant drive to non-rural

Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
Are some of you people serious?! I asked about opinions on the towns (see my original post) not who prefers what skin color and who's a racist. I want either facts, statistics or opinions on those communities and that's it. If you don't like white people or you don't like black people, that's your business but please, keep it to yourself. I don't need my honest and inquiring posts pulled because of someone who can't speak maturely. If the racism continues on this thread, I'll have it pulled and the moderator can handle those of you with issues. Other than that, if someone has something else to say about these towns, then I'd appreciate your response.

Clearwater80 - you are scaredy cat!!! That's what made me fall in love with West Milford...WeirdNJ!...that's why I want to know about the town itself and the community. I'm not sure about this, however, from everything I've ever read in WeirdNJ and from listening to urban legends, I'm convinced that WM has more weird/strange phenomena in that one town alone than any other town in this state!! I'd love to live there and spend time exploring the weirdness!!!!!

Ps. Thank you to those of you who did respond in a mature manner without making racial remarks (and of course you too, scaredy-cat LOL )

Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 AM

64 posts, read 251,265 times
Default I lived in morris county I have some idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Out of curiosity, I'd like people to just throw their opinions on here regarding the following towns. (Remember, your opinion can be about anything in those towns, i.e. education, community/safey, family/child/teen activities and involvement, crime, gangs, smog, scenery, teen pregnancy/suicide, climate, price of homes/taxes, traffic/commute....you name it).

Here goes:

Denville
East Hanover
West Milford
Verona
Lafayette
Sparta
Parsippany
Randolph
Vernon
Pequannock
Pompton Lakes
Pompton Plains
Butler
Riverdale
Kinnelon
Ringwood
Branchville
Jefferson
Denville did not travel to that town? However I did have a friend that lived in this town the couple said it was a good town.

Sparta is the best I lived 20 min very good schools no crime great homes...The list goes on..

Jefferson is also near sparta on the other side of 15 o.k. depending on what your looking for?

Randolph good but can be tricky if you get the kids from Dover which is not a good town?

Butler and lafayette are up towards 15 never heard to much about these towns maybe good.

East Hanover to much traffic...

The rest of the towns maybe someone else can tell you?

Sorry I could not be that much help?

Also sorry for the misspells I just got this baby and I'm getting to know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey