Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 AM

585 posts, read 492,748 times

Advertisements

Why are folks "reviving" threads from around 4 years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 07:16 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
I can't figure that out either, and I have more or less given up on asking that question.
The best answer that I can come up with is that newcomers to the forum may not yet have figured out how to post a new thread, and instead, they decide to "glom" onto an existing thread after doing a search.

If CITYBROWSER had responded to the OP, I would have pointed out the futility of responding to a 4 year old question, but since this person had his/her own legitimate question, I decided to answer it w/o mentioning the extreme time lag.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:46 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice621 View Post
Since I'm going to send my children to private schools, I don't want my taxes to be going to the public schools (i.e. Tenafly).
Oh, you'll pay. Look up "Abbott Schools".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj;Why are folks "reviving" threads from around 4 years ago?
Whoops, I missed that.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice621 View Post
Since I'm going to send my children to private schools, I don't want my taxes to be going to the public schools (i.e. Tenafly).
LOL. Are you kidding? Your taxes will still go to the public schools. Do you think the children in those towns just don't go to school, or that they all go to public schools? They go to regional schools, and they pay taxes for them even if the school is located in another town.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:10 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
I missed it too, so amused was I.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:11 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,921 times
Quote:
I think it's actually refreshing. Instead of just posting a question you take time to actually research past discussions and read things that have already been posted about it. Using this forum for the library of information that it is. If all the information you need isn't there, add onto it. It saves everyone from saying the exact same thing for the umpteenth time. I honestly wish more people would do it.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
I think it's actually refreshing. Instead of just posting a question you take time to actually research past discussions and read things that have already been posted about it. Using this forum for the library of information that it is. If all the information you need isn't there, add onto it. It saves everyone from saying the exact same thing for the umpteenth time. I honestly wish more people would do it.

I guess that's an ideal view.

In reality, a poster adds their question to the end and people start answering posts from the beginning of the thread and the 'new' question is obscured/lost. Unless the reviving of a thread really picks up the same topic with an update, I think it's usually better to start a fresh thread.

(and I'm not sure if it reflects research as much as going a google search and getting redirected here in a specific thread)

Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Is reviving an old post like a withdoctor reviving the dead and it be against the laws of nature??

Revive away!!! Ignore those afflicted with fastidious organizer syndrome or compulsive tendencies.
Be free!!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Thumbs up Forest Hill, Newark

Old thread bitten!
If planning to send children to private schools regardless of how good or bad the local public schools are, seriously consider the Forest Hill section of Newark. That suggestion may send terror into the hearts of some suburbanites, but maybe urban dwellers can see the reasoning? Prices and taxes about half of neighboring towns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey