Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times

Advertisements

Agree that Cranford is a very nice town. But that's gotta be something like 40-45 minutes to Far Hills. Here's someone that can have the best of both worlds -- short commute and a choice of great towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Location: Where Sunday shopping is prohibited :) - Bergen County, NJ!
108 posts, read 162,387 times
Move to Northern NJ (Bergen or Hudson County), otherwise it's boring.
That's where everything is, close to NYC and center of everything.

I recommend Paramus, NJ (Close to NYC, 4 major malls + tens of shopping places), very good schools, low property taxes, and not that expensive homes.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM

7 posts, read 13,653 times
Thanks again for all of the suggestions! An agent recommended Readington in Hunterton Cty to us. Can you help me differentiate between Readington and Washington Township/Long Valley. In terms of homes they seem pretty comparable.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:34 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,191 times
I love Hunterdon County. It is my favorite part of NJ(lived there for 12 years). Lots of outdoor activities. A safe and beautiful area.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 PM

55 posts, read 121,041 times
Default I second the vote for Cranford

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderroad516 View Post
I would suggest looking at Cranford, and maybe some other towns in that area, like Westfield or Berkley Heights. I went to Cranford High, and I can say it's a great place to move to. The high school has gotten dramatically better over the past ten years or so. I believe that NJ Monthly just ranked it with in the top 15 in the state. For your price range, you can definitely find a nice home there. A lot of people, including my family, move there from different parts of NJ, or from different parts of the country, so you shouldn't feel out of place. I moved from a part of NJ that is less than desirable and everyone was still very welcoming, which I'm not sure would've happened had we moved to some of the other nicer towns around Cranford.There are some really nice people there. The down town is great, it's with in half an hour of like 5 malls, very close to NYC, and close to Far Hills.
I was just going to suggest Cranford and then I saw your post. I agree with you 100% as I grew up in Cranford, and its a great town. (My parents, ages 93 and 87 grew up there too) Its only about a half hour from Far Hills and the train runs right through it, great if you're into visiting NYC. Only 45 min or an hour to the great beaches of NJ too! CHS is a great school as well. I definitely second the vote for Cranford!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 PM

786 posts, read 2,664,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirlinFL View Post
I was just going to suggest Cranford and then I saw your post. I agree with you 100% as I grew up in Cranford, and its a great town. (My parents, ages 93 and 87 grew up there too) Its only about a half hour from Far Hills and the train runs right through it, great if you're into visiting NYC. Only 45 min or an hour to the great beaches of NJ too! CHS is a great school as well. I definitely second the vote for Cranford!
I guess i'll third that motion. i love the fact a river runs through it ;-)

some pics of the town from residents:

Flickr: Cranford Township, New Jersey (NJ) (http://www.flickr.com/groups/cranford/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey