Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:26 AM

114 posts, read 208,903 times

Advertisements

I just came across a few forums and debated with the issue as whether to post or not but as you can see I think this might help someof us to get a better understanding of each other as a whole. I was reading a Few forums about The Jewish commuity as a whole and really talkingdown on them and got to thinking why do we as a society talk down to people. Is it because you can't understand their beliefs or is it just how you bread we all face it one time or another Blacks, Whites, Indians, Hispanics why can't we just learn to coexist as a whole and stop looking at each other externally but more internally. What do most of you feel the issue is with us as a whole? I know this is a very sensitive topic and I dont expect things to change over night but I think a little more understanding will go a long way for those that what it to and believe me I now som might feel unconfrtable posting but hey we are just screen name no harm no foul any info will be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
I just came across a few forums and debated with the issue as whether to post or not but as you can see I think this might help someof us to get a better understanding of each other as a whole. I was reading a Few forums about The Jewish commuity as a whole and really talkingdown on them and got to thinking why do we as a society talk down to people. Is it because you can't understand their beliefs or is it just how you bread we all face it one time or another Blacks, Whites, Indians, Hispanics why can't we just learn to coexist as a whole and stop looking at each other externally but more internally. What do most of you feel the issue is with us as a whole? I know this is a very sensitive topic and I dont expect things to change over night but I think a little more understanding will go a long way for those that what it to and believe me I now som might feel unconfrtable posting but hey we are just screen name no harm no foul any info will be great

you're referring to the thread about the hasids in lakewood, unless you have first hand knowledge of what goes on there, the rhetoric might appear to be
hateful, but the reality is that it is a reaction to a very bad situation

Old 07-07-2007, 10:32 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,269 times
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I will try to anwser it the way I interpreted it.

I believe most people want to be with there own kind. Even in a melting pot country like America we have areas that can be defined as "an Asian' or a "hispanic" or whatever. People feel comfortable in there own culture. They are raised with there own beliefs from the day the are born and thats ok. The problems start when people are intolerant of other cultures.

In short....The problem is intolerance. There is no soultion available as of now. Without mutual respect and trust there never will be.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 AM

114 posts, read 208,903 times
That is exactly the thread im referring to thanks for clarifing it for me

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I will try to anwser it the way I interpreted it.

I believe most people want to be with there own kind. Even in a melting pot country like America we have areas that can be defined as "an Asian' or a "hispanic" or whatever. People feel comfortable in there own culture. They are raised with there own beliefs from the day the are born and thats ok. The problems start when people are intolerant of other cultures.

In short....The problem is intolerance. There is no soultion available as of now. Without mutual respect and trust there never will be.

"Stone28
Member Join Date: Jun 2007
22 posts, read 2,638 times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to sugercoat this one... These criminals are destroying whatever area they illegally inhibit like swarming termites. There kids bring down the overall school performance down therefore lowering home values. There a burden to the health care system. In my old neighborhood they found an illegal dead on the steet. The three bedroom house he was sharing with twenty five other illegals got scared of would what happen if the police and ambulance showed up and saw what was going on. So they threw the dead guy into the street like garbage. Is this fair to the elderly Granmother who found the body? Is it fair that she has to live near a overcrowded firetrap? That her house's value is plummeting? And all for what...cheap labor!

Send them back !!!!

[+] Rate this post positively "

I guess we only need to be tolerant to those with the proper papers.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
"Stone28
Member Join Date: Jun 2007
22 posts, read 2,638 times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to sugercoat this one... These criminals are destroying whatever area they illegally inhibit like swarming termites. There kids bring down the overall school performance down therefore lowering home values. There a burden to the health care system. In my old neighborhood they found an illegal dead on the steet. The three bedroom house he was sharing with twenty five other illegals got scared of would what happen if the police and ambulance showed up and saw what was going on. So they threw the dead guy into the street like garbage. Is this fair to the elderly Granmother who found the body? Is it fair that she has to live near a overcrowded firetrap? That her house's value is plummeting? And all for what...cheap labor!

Send them back !!!!

[+] Rate this post positively "

I guess we only need to be tolerant to those with the proper papers.
I do not and will not condone CRIMINALS! I will not tolorate CRIMINALS putting the safty of my family in question!

I have nothing but respect for law abiding citizens. They are the very people who's hard work and effort has made this country a wonderful place to live. Why should we allow these CRIMINALS a free ride?

I stand by my statement.......Send them back !!!!!!!!

I would like to know your postition on illegal immigrants regarese?

Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 AM

I think if they want to be in this country they should do so legally. If they continue to break the law to stay here, I think they should be sent back. I, however, do not work for the border patrol, INS, or any other agency responsible for enforcing these laws so I leave it to them to investigate who is legal and illegal. I also am not so presumptuous to assume that I know the legal status of every "immigrant" I come across just by the tone of their skin or the language they speak. How do I know they are not 1 week from attaining citizenship, just here visiting, or honest to goodness illegal? Maybe we should have "them" where something on their clothing so we know who is who Stranger yet...they may have even been born and raised in this country , but that pesky skin color gets in the way of some people giving them the basic respect any human being should be entitled to.

I get the frustration of having to live amongst "criminals" while being a model citizen-which I'm sure you are-but at the end of the day we are all human beings and I think, a little kindness goes a long way.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the response regarese. I would like to ask you a few more questions. These questions are more pertinent to the issue.

Have you been directly effected by illegal immigrants?. Has your safety or the value of your home been effected by illegal immigrants? Do you live in an area with a large population of illegal immigrants?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Yes, I have been directly effected, but not negatively. No my safety has not been effected. Yes, I live in an area with a large population of people who appear to be from other countries, but I personally do not know what their status is. I have felt more threatened by my system-milking, lifesucking born and bred in the USA brother-in-law than I have any other group in my neighborhood. And I'm sure his neighbors aren't exactly thrilled with what he's doing to their property value. Maybe I can get his citizenship revoked and ship him out

If you have had negative experiences, then I'm sorry for that, but I offer that the people with whom you have had a negative experience may not be representative of the entire group.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 AM

The difference between your brother in law and the illegal immigrants is....Their commiting a crime just by being here, your brother in law is not. Has has every right to live his life as he please's as long as he does so with in the law. I believe in the pluralistic society that America is and I will fight for his and all of our rights as Americans with my dying breath.

As for your cute innuendos that I judge others by skin color. Your quite wrong, I judge people by their actions. Illegal immigrants whether their white, brown or whatever else, are one thing criminals. And that is represtative of their entire group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey