Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whic is better - N. Jersey or S. Jersey?
North Jersey 31 46.27%
South Jersey 23 34.33%
Neither 13 19.40%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykstevenyg View Post
North Jersey runs Jersey this is not even a debate.
North Jersey runs the corrupt political show, yes.

I've lived here all my life, been to every county, and South Jersey is VASTLY superior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:50 AM

12 posts, read 28,823 times
Default New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Anybody who says that North Jersey is ugly has simply not been to most of North Jersey.
I agree 100%. I know North Jersey has it's affluent areas and that is why there are beautiful neighborhoods and good schools. Did anyone forget about Sussex and Warren County?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
North Jersey runs the corrupt political show, yes.

I've lived here all my life, been to every county, and South Jersey is VASTLY superior.
I agree!!!! Camden is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Mendham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I agree!!!! Camden is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Mendham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're right (yes, I realize you're being sarcastic, so I'll take it as you meaning the opposite), but I'll take Hammonton over Maplewood any day of the week. Or Mayslanding over Hacketstown. People in both halves of this state need to stop stereotyping each other.

Edit: A better response would have been saying that Irvington is SOOOOOOOO much better than Cape May.

Last edited by jknic; 11-12-2010 at 01:50 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 01:26 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petun1018 View Post
I agree 100%. I know North Jersey has it's affluent areas and that is why there are beautiful neighborhoods and good schools. Did anyone forget about Sussex and Warren County?
I agree on Warren and Sussex. Unspoiled countryside, lakes and mountains. It's almost like an extension of upstate NY or the Poconos. A great place for a getaway.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:25 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Most of New Jersey's polluted, industrial pit stain excuses for first world cities are in North Jersey - From Newark to Paterson to Elizabeth to Jersey City.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Most of New Jersey's polluted, industrial pit stain excuses for first world cities are in North Jersey - From Newark to Paterson to Elizabeth to Jersey City.
You need to come to peace with your personal issues. Transference is not the answer to what ails you.
The NY media has made NJ the perfect scapegoat for not only their desire to hate without seeming "discriminatory", but has now become the beacon for all that is wrong with dysfunctional types who reside in NJ. "It's New Jersey's fault, not mine! I'm not the problem! Nope. It's NJ! I'm just fine. It can't possibly be me!"
Even though you seem to be the only one with the problem. Huumm?
I can tell you were not well favored in social circles as a young child...................... Explore that.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
And if you care at all about your kids' educations, South Jersey high schools are not that good. Only two (Haddonfield & Moorestown) rank in the top 50 of NJ Monthly's annual Top High Schools list. Must be your proximity to Philadelphia.

2010 Top High Schools in New Jersey-www.njmonthly.com

Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,606 times
Look, when you buy into New Jersey, you buy into a lifestyle. There are urban areas, traditional suburban areas, rural areas, mountain areas and coastal areas. For what it's worth, that's pretty cool in my opinion, and one lifestyle choice is not better than the other.

Unfortunately, given the "Jersey attitudes" that most of us were born with, we wholeheartedly defend "our" part of the state and declare its abject superiority to all others. Yes, I'm just as guilty as anyone on this. From my perspective, if I couldn't be at the beach in less than 10 minutes, see the bay from my house and take advantage of the coastal lifestyle on a daily basis, I'd be miserable. Luckily, here in New Jersey, we have four counties where you can accomplish that coastal lifestyle. If you want a traditional suburban lifestyle, commuting to a city but reasonably close to coastal attractions, arts, mountains etc., we have several counties up north and a couple south where you can accomplish that as well. If you want urban, there are several cities for you. Mountains are in the northwest if you like that scene. Rural areas are scattered in different regions of the state.

In the end, I have friends from across the state. Some live up north, some live down south, most are from the Shore area where I grew up. But all are nice people, despite some different perspectives on what one's lifestyle "should" look like.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:01 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
And if you care at all about your kids' educations, South Jersey high schools are not that good. Only two (Haddonfield & Moorestown) rank in the top 50 of NJ Monthly's annual Top High Schools list. Must be your proximity to Philadelphia.

2010 Top High Schools in New Jersey-www.njmonthly.com
Oh, geez. We've been over this before. It's beyond ignorant to say that if you don't live in Millburn, or whatever other predictable town some magazine editor said was the best high school, you don't "care at all" about your child's education. That's ridiculous, and quite frankly, insulting. And if you're going to spout off about education, check your grammar first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey