Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,093 times

Advertisements

Hi guys I always liked this forum since it seems most people on here know there stuff. Here's My deal I am living in the SF bay area and its ok but just not my style I miss the east coast a lot. I been looking at Jersey since its a little cheaper than NYC. I grew up all over NYC but spent time in everywhere from yonkers to bensonhurst brooklyn to queens village. My overall favorite place has always been bensonhurst/bay Ridge. I like the food good local bars community spirit and the fact that the people care about there neighborhood.
As for what I do I tend bar in mostly Irish bars I worked all over bay ridge and also worked as a doorman for many years. I am 28 and would like to get settled back east and finish up school. Im just getting Ideas now nothing is planned yet. I hear Bayonne is kind of an old school area and i like that. can anyone tell me how hard it would be to find a job tending bar and if theres any licenses I would need. I prefer blue collor bars over trendy if that helps.I am also looking to find a decent gym to lift in in the area more on the hardcore side of things. Also wanted to find. out if Bayonne has a lot of 24hour stores like bagel places dinners ect. Over all do you guys think it would be a huge leap from bensonhurst bay ridge or would I find some similarity. I was also wondering the story with the parking permits and how hard it is to go about getting them moving in to a new place. I know its kind of all over the place but any help would be great . Ideally I would like to rent a one bedroom for under $1000 with heat included. My girlfriend doesn't drive so being near transit would be helpful I know its a well connected city. Thanks in advance for any tips leads ect I'm just a hardworking kid looking for a good urban area not overrun with yuppies just regular people if that makes sense thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,584,927 times
Can't tell you any recent details since my limited experience with Bayonne is from many centuries ago, but I don't think you need any stinkin parking permits there. In other words I wouldn't pay a lot to park THAT muffler

Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
I like Bayonne, it has it has a lot of character. You can shoot right into Hoboken for nightlife or take the PATH into the city from there. Bayonne is pretty blue collar and diverse, it really has a traditional vibe.

I'd also suggest Harrison. There's a PATH station in town and you have access to the Ironbound in Newark (GREAT FOOD) and Hoboken/JC. Harrison is full of late night/24 hour diners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey